Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

korg ag10 and other piano sound modules

Born2die75

I looked at the ag10 as I have been offered one of these at £30 but info seems sparse to say the least. I dont have much more than £50 to spend and nano piano microgrand micropiano all seem to go for £100+ the emu proformance doesnt come round much.

I also looked at the roland u110 and p55 and yamaha tg55 as these seem to have a better piano than my yamaha EMT10.

if anybody has any other ideas on old modules that can beat the emt-10 on piano sound I would be grateful

many thanks

tris

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you are in for the piano sound, I suggest you consider a more recent module like the Kurz ME-1 and accept the higher price. The older sounds like the ones from my yamaha TG 100 module, or even the P50-m, won't satisfy any more.
We have time, but none to waste.

For playing in a covers band live I was always pretty happy with my Roland P330. reasonable acoustic piano which cuts through pretty well, great EP (though not really either Rhodes or wurly -like), good harpsichord and reasonable clav. Very good in its day and holds up pretty well today for its cost which may be more like 100 than 50 quid(sorry don't know how to do that symbol)
I like to move it, move it (except The Wurly which can be a bit temperamental and the 122 for obvious reasons)

I'm wondering if you would be able to find a Generalmusic Realpiano Expander within your budget. It's essentially a Pro 1 in a box. FWIW, Keith Emerson used a Pro 2 live for quite a while, so it has a decent piano sound......although the reactions to the Pro1/Pro2 seem to have been either a "love 'em or hate 'em" type of thing. I used a Realpiano Expander with a Yamaha KX-88 for a while, and it worked out quite nicely.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Archived