Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

xk1 in LA

Greg88

Anyone know a store in or around Los Angeles that is carrying the XK1? I've called a few major chains and they don't even know what I'm talking about. I had to explain to one guy in the keyboard dept what a b3 clone was. Pretty frustrating. Sure would like to hear one. Thanks for any leads..

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Greg, the Hammond website lists all of the Guitar Centers as dealers, but I would try the Sherman Oaks or Hollywood locations only. They're their 2 biggest, and are likely to have half-way clued in keyboard department people. They also list West LA Music as well, although the last time I was in there I didn't recall seeing any Hammonds on the floor. They're also showing SST in North Hollywood (818-907-7780), which I believe is a rental place for vintage keyboards that must sell on the side, and Center Staging in Burbank (818-557-7664), which is a big pro rehearsal complex as dealers also.

Quote by Greg88:

--------------------------------------------

Anyone know a store in or around Los Angeles that is carrying the XK1? I've called a few major chains and they don't even know what I'm talking about. I had to explain to one guy in the keyboard dept what a b3 clone was. Pretty frustrating. Sure would like to hear one.

and:

Thanks for the info. I've tried both of the GC locations and they say they probably won't be stocking the XK1, special order only

Yep, how many times have you heard "local music stores" complain that players don't buy from them, they buy from the Internet?

Maybe GC has an excuse,it IS a guitar center, not a KB center, at least technically.

Unless a brick and mortar store knows what they are talking about, and have a service department too, I'd go Internet sale. Some sites offer a money back guarantee within a specific time frame. You won't (or shouldn't) pay any more than MAP price anyway. ($1495.)

Cheers,

Mike

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Most Chain stores will not have any clones in stock unless you are in a performer town such as NY. You might want to go to a hammond dealer as they may have them in stock.

MY Toys - Kurzweil PC1X, Roland A-90, Yamaha KX88, Yamaha CS1x, Novation 49SL MkII, Presonus Studiolive 16.4.2, JBL PRX615M

My Music Page

Archived