Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Microsoft gets an 'F'

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am acknowledging the existence of this thread. However, i shall not say any more, as Microsoft is always a sore subject with me, and i will fill this top with tons of drivel and misc. bile. :)

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

[quote]Originally posted by Rick Kreuzer: [b]Just goes to show you that there are smarter people out there hacking than there are building these computers! Rick[/b][/quote]I think you mean coding software.Also if the hackers were smart,they would be making $$$ instead of wasting everyones time including their own.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

[quote]Originally posted by Alndln Hammer: [b]Also if the hackers were smart,they would be making $$$ instead of wasting everyones time including their own.[/b][/quote]I really meant SMART. I didn't mean SAVVY!! Rick

[quote]Originally posted by Rick Kreuzer: [b]Just goes to show you that there are smarter people out there hacking than there are building these computers! Rick[/b][/quote]Well, it's also much easier to crack than it is to protect software. --Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

[quote]Originally posted by phaeton: [b]I am acknowledging the existence of this thread. However, i shall not say any more, as Microsoft is always a sore subject with me, and i will fill this top with tons of drivel and misc. bile. :) [/b][/quote]Heh, same here. :D Thank goodness I can use my Handspring in Linux. :thu:

The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armor to lead all his customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that it was he who by peddling second-hand, second-rate technology, led them all into it in the first place. --Douglas Adams Author, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. /Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

I wonder what the bashing would be about if Microsoft was the "little guy" and Apple was the giant. Never mind..I already know.

Mark G.

"A man may fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame others" -- John Burroughs

"I consider ethics, as well as religion, as supplements to law in the government of man." -- Thomas Jefferson

How about a permanent Mac/Micro thread in the mold of "Is Your Music Any Good"? I like Macs, Fords, and Fenders, but I've heard good music out of all of them. I've included Microsoft in my business axis of evil: WalMart, AOL, and MS. All of those enterprises have good services to sell, but they have a methodology of crushing competition, or appearing to want to do so, combined a kind of corporate arrogance that assumes superiority, these companies turn me off. I use computers as tools and really like the reliability of the only Mac I've owned or for that matter, used. Every Windows machine I've had carried a mystery that eventually led to some reloading or restoral. The Mac just has not wasted my time very much compared to other computers I have used and continue to use at work and home. I attribute this to the concept of the OS being all software. This makes it much more vulnerable to an attack or breakdown. The Mac freezes on me from time to time, but it restarts in less than a minute and goes on its merry way. I feel this is because the OS is part hardware, which leads it out of the woods fast. To come back from a crash, Windows machines that I've used demand a lot more attention with OK and WARNING boxes that contain a language our IT people call "specificly vague". ..................... WARNING: code 1411 Windows has detected a failure in its corporate earnings that needs your attention. An update is available at Windows Paywizard using your security code, which must begin with VISA, AMEX, MAS or other valid instrument and follow the instructions therein. ........................ Onward is not always upward. Henry

He not busy being born

Is busy dyin'.

...Bob Dylan

Talking about how bad Microsoft sucks really shouldn't have anything to do with Apple or the Mac. MS sucks on an absolute scale, the existence or nonexistence of Apple has nothing to do with it. Sorta reminds me of those political threads where irrelevant points keep getting brought up...

[quote]Originally posted by Sal ©: [b] Sorta reminds me of those political threads where irrelevant points keep getting brought up...[/b][/quote]Kinda like Apples outdated and overpriced hardware,irrelevant.What's that used car salesman Steve"overclocking"Jobs offering as "new" this month. :rolleyes:

[quote]Originally posted by Dave Pierce: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Rick Kreuzer: [b]Just goes to show you that there are smarter people out there hacking than there are building these computers! Rick[/b][/quote]Well, it's also much easier to crack than it is to protect software. --Dave[/b][/quote]What Dave said. :thu: For what it's worth, my Win XP machine is running rock solid, PTle, Sonar, and Cubase SX, but I don't have to worry about hackers with my DAW>

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

Well now, I have seen the light. I will no longer purchase products from those cutthroat competition killing companies. Walmart, Microsoft, etc. will no longer get my business becuase of their cutthroat business ethics. Of course I won't buy a car of any kind, a pair of sport shoes, drink Coke or Pepsi, eat at a fast food restaurant, etc. etc. And Dodge pickups are better than Ford pickups... What a silly discussion. Don't you all read the papers or listen to NPR? ALL corporations are suck..

Mark G.

"A man may fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame others" -- John Burroughs

"I consider ethics, as well as religion, as supplements to law in the government of man." -- Thomas Jefferson

[quote]Originally posted by GZsound@hotmail.com: [b]Well now, I have seen the light. I will no longer purchase products from those cutthroat competition killing companies. Walmart, Microsoft, etc. will no longer get my business becuase of their cutthroat business ethics. Of course I won't buy a car of any kind, a pair of sport shoes, drink Coke or Pepsi, eat at a fast food restaurant, etc. etc. And Dodge pickups are better than Ford pickups... What a silly discussion. Don't you all read the papers or listen to NPR? ALL corporations are suck..[/b][/quote]I don't own a car, use M$ shite, eat at McDonalds or drink coke. What's wrong with that?
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

[quote]Originally posted by Rog: [b]I don't own a car, use M$ shite, eat at McDonalds or drink coke. What's wrong with that?[/b][/quote]I have to have a car in the suburbs,but I abstain from McDonalds,coke and Steve's crappy hardware so I guess wer'e even. :D

[quote]Originally posted by Alndln Hammer: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Rog: [b]I don't own a car, use M$ shite, eat at McDonalds or drink coke. What's wrong with that?[/b][/quote]I have to have a car in the suburbs,but I abstain from McDonalds,coke and Steve's crappy hardware so I guess wer'e even. :D [/b][/quote]I don't buy Nestle products either. I WIN! :p ;) :D
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

[b] Thank goodness I can use my Handspring in Linux. [Thumb][/b] Excellent! The greatness of Linux is that it runs on pretty much anything these days- big, small, young old. I haven't run it on my Playstation 2 yet, however. [b]I attribute this to the concept of the OS being all software. This makes it much more vulnerable to an attack or breakdown. The Mac freezes on me from time to time, but it restarts in less than a minute and goes on its merry way. I feel this is because the OS is part hardware, which leads it out of the woods fast.[/b] Ummmmm..... [b]I don't buy Nestle products either. I WIN! [Razz][/b] Neither do I, and i live right next to the Nestle Plant in Wisconsin. I have to smell the awfulness that is chocolate constantly.

WWND?

[b] Phaeton, I think you meant to say "the awfulness that isn't chocolate" [Wink] [/b] Nope... I'm just not a chocolate person. Most of the time the air outside my apartment smells not unlike a jar of Ovaltine. Once a month though, they burn all the cocoa shells and it is putrid. It still beats living downwind from a pig or poultry farm, or the sewage water treatment plant (which is ironically right next to the Nestle plant). Guess I shouldn't complain.

WWND?

Archived