Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Looking for Oct 1986 issue of Keyboard with Jim Cox soundsheet

js33

Hi,

Does anyone have the October 1986 issue of Keyboard?

I used to have it and the soundsheet but can't locate them now. I am specifically looking for the soundsheet that featured Jim Cox playing Shenandoah.

Does anyone have a copy they would like to part with? Or an mp3 of the soundsheet? Or the soundsheet?

Thanks,

Joe

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks. I would really appreciate it. I contacted Keyboard and they are sold out of back issues. I looked on ebay and someone had the Nov 86 issue so I emailed them to see if they have the Oct 86 issue.

Originally posted by js33:

Thanks. I would really appreciate it. I contacted Keyboard and they are sold out of back issues. I looked on ebay and someone had the Nov 86 issue so I emailed them to see if they have the Oct 86 issue.

THAT's some serious love!

This is one of the things I appreciate about most of the people I've encountered in this forum. It's all about the music. Those issues are essentially 20 years old, and you were able to get hooked up . . . just shows that Keyboard's content even stands the test of time.

Originally posted by dp2:

Originally posted by js33:

THAT's some serious love!

This is one of the things I appreciate about most of the people I've encountered in this forum. It's all about the music. Those issues are essentially 20 years old, and you were able to get hooked up . . . just shows that Keyboard's content even stands the test of time.

Yeah. I had the issue back in 86 and had the soundsheet recorded on cassette. But when I tried to record it on my PC the sound on the cassette got wiped.

Back in 86 I was just starting to get into keyboards and midi and that issue had a big impact on me. Then when I heard that one guy Jim Cox did all the instruments on that recording it just blew my mind. Not only the playing which is phenomenal but the fact that my dream of having a one man band was possible.

Originally posted by jdt0763:

I may still have a copy of it. I kept all of the sound pages including my own. I'll see if I can dig it up for you. Going from LP to MP3 may be difficult though. Not too techy these days.

Man I would really appreciate it if you could make an mp3 of it. Or a wav file. If you need help let me know. Which soundpage were you on?

I have them all. The mags and the plastic records. But I have no real easy way to make a recording other than cassette. I will look at my collection to see if by some oddball chance I have a duplicate plastic record from that issue. If I don't, I might consider parting with my one copy of the plastic record for some kind of cool trade. Let me know if you are interested.

Regards,

Eric

Originally posted by eric:

I have them all. The mags and the plastic records. But I have no real easy way to make a recording other than cassette. I will look at my collection to see if by some oddball chance I have a duplicate plastic record from that issue. If I don't, I might consider parting with my one copy of the plastic record for some kind of cool trade. Let me know if you are interested.

Regards,

Eric

If you can record it even on cassette that would be fine as long as it is high quality. If you don't mind parting with it I would be interested in a trade of some kind. Or if you sent it to me I could record it and send it back to you. Whatever you want to do let me know. Also I am interested in the Jim Cox article from that issue as well.

I heard back from Jim tonight. He's been away and out of email touch for a week or so. He says he may have a copy around the house somewhere. It may take him a while to find, but he will let me know if he does find it, and I will let you know when I know.

I assume you are still looking.

Steve

Yes Steve. Thanks very much for the effort. That would be really cool to get a copy from Jim himself.

Maybe he could autograph it? I don't check this thread everyday so feel free to email me through my profile.

Yes Steve. Thanks very much for the effort. That would be really cool to get a copy from Jim himself.

Maybe he could autograph it? I don't check this thread everyday so feel free to email me through my profile.

Jim said that if he finds it, he will "hook you up" through the Northern Sounds forum (whatever that is), so I'd suggest you keep an eye posted over there.

Thanks Steve.

He probably already knows there is a thread about him over there that I started.

http://northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48135

Northern Sounds is a cool place. It is mostly focused on sampled instruments and has a wide range of talented composers/musicians.

I first inquired about him over there and a couple of the guys there said they knew him but I never heard anything else from them. Then I came over here thinking it might be easier to find someone with a copy of the magazine and/or soundsheet.

• 1 month later...
I found it after cleaning the garage. I don't have a turntable anymore, so if you email me your address, I'll send it to you. I'll trust that you send it back. I was the grand prize winner of the Korg M-1 sequencing contest in 1990. My song "Bop goes the Weasel" was on the back of a Chick Corea recording in the October issue with the bust of Beethoven on the cover. My 15 minutes of fame.

Archived