Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Another Day In Paradise SOUNDPROBLEM

Killerloop

Hi! I Have a S90Es a PSR 9000 and a Nord stage Compact.

IWith my band we play another Day in Paradise from Phil Collins. But there is too much for me Keyboard. and I cannot hear what is going on There. So please can ypou help me (Maybe Voices I can Use, or a good Miifile where i can Mute Tracks to see waht is going on there)

Pleas eHelp Me!! Thanks A Lot.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I covered this song many years ago in a band, and it really only took 2 sounds as I recall. I used a basic pad that is detuned unison oscillators with the filter choked down, with resonance. Kind of a Peter Gabrielish Prophet pad sound. I produced that sound on my Chroma. The other is the distinct lead synth sound. It has bell-like overtones combined with a kind of plucked sawtooth timbre. I found something very close in my D-50 and modified it slightly.

Given your rig, I would design the pad sound using the synth section on your Nord. Use the analog saw waves, close the filter down, add some resonance, and kick up the unison knob for some detuning.

The lead sound could maybe be also done on the Nord using some of the digital waves, I'd have to try it. The S-90 should be capable of that too, layering the two sounds I mentioned above.

Moe

---

Archived