Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Arranger Keyboards

rb293

Has anyone tried both the Korg PA80 and the Yamaha PSR 3000? I know the Korg is more expensive but I am interested in which one has better sound. Features are not as important to me as the tone and the Piano sound... Any input would be helpful thanks....

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Korg Pa80 is another iteration of the TRITON engine, actually. So the sound quality is quite good. Actually, it's better. It's a TRITON engine with up to four oscillators in the voice architecture - the TRITON has only two. I enjoyed the Pa80, but I am currently using the newer Korg, the Pa1XPro. Sound Quality was a big part of my decision.
"Doing things is how things get done"

The Yamaha PSR 3000 has been out a while and the Korg is the newer model of the two I believe. If a piano sound is important to you, I'd try to find a way to listen to both of them. Maybe in demos or better yet if you could get a chance to play them. I would think they both would sound good but the Korg does have more features and effects which will enhace the sound quality.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

Originally posted by rb293:

thanks for the input... I live in a small market area so I cannot try them out before I buy unless I drive about 4 hours....

That's exactly what many of us do. THe very reason there are so many brands and options is because noone can agree on which is "best" for any given sound or purpose. You'll be living with your decision for a while so you might as while enjoy the drive. It's fun to plan a weekend around such expeditions anyway.

Archived