Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Need help with metronome set up in calkwalk

Bflat

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll guess midi channel 10, to some external unit.

Are you sure you've selected the right midi out? Are you sure midi that midi out is connected to the right midi in? Are your sure this unit is listening on channel 10?

--wmp

Lots of simple questions here (these issues are more often than not simple things that get overlooked):

• Are you receiving MIDI on the JV?
  • Have you confirmed that all audio is patched correctly (can you hear any sounds from the JV)?
  • Do you have the JV set up in Performance mode with a drum program assigned to Ch.10?

I'm not familiar with Sonar, so I don't have any pertinent questions about the software side of things. ;)

It sound like you've found the metronome dialog ok. Double check all the settings; midi not audio, record must be checked, note, midi channel, and port.

Also note that at least one track must be armed for recording, or record won't do anything.

Double check all your physical connections and the settings on the JV.

A possible source of confusion might be the midi port number. If windows can't see your midi devices when you start sonar, I think sonar may reset midi ports to something it can see, like your internal midi device. If you fix your midi interface issues you'll need to restart sonor before sonor will see the devices. The devices may not appear in the same order. The internal midi synth might be before your midi interface instead of after, which would shift your port numbers by one.

--wmp

Archived