Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Chip Davis - Fresh Aire

shniggens

Otherwise known as Mannaheim Steamroller.

I've had this worn out copy of the original Fresh Aire sheet music for as long as I can remember. The front and back cover have torn off, and the pages are all frayed.

Last night I played through the entire book again. Front to back. Something I do quite often.

I really enjoy playing these peices. I don't know what it is, but it's just fun. Nice blend of classical and rock. I actually like the piano arrangements better than the recorded ensemble.

Pieces like Chocolate Fudge, Sarah's Band, and Pass the Keg are rockin.

The slow pieces like Sonata and Fresh Aire are wonderful, as well.

Anyone else a fan? Recommend other Chip Davis stuff?

:wave: (just thought I'd share)

Amateur Hack

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Big fan here, although I haven't listened to anything by him in quite awhile. All the Fresh Aire albums are great, and recorded beautifully. His FA Christmas albums are quite popular too, and about the only Xmas music I can stand anymore. Bah! :evil:;)

Botch

In Wine there is Wisdom

In Beer there is Freedom

In Water there is bacteria

I Love Chip Davis and Manheim Steamroller. I enjoyed this music long before their Christmas collections went mainstream. My cousin and I used to cruise through the Rocky Mountains in his spitfire, top down, music blaring, wind roaring through our ears, and we'd talk about all the mutifarious images Chip's music would conjure in our imaginations. Ah... those were some fun and fancy-free kinda days!

Hey shniggens ! Those songs you mention are also some of my favorites from the 1st album. I like pretty much the first five releases in the series, then I lost interest.

I've also asked on various message boards and mailing lists if anyone knew what synth/s were used in those days, but I never got an answer. That bass patch in the song Chocolate Fudge is great!

Archived