Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Have you ever been to Summerfest?

Every year, my old home town (Milwaukee Wisconsin USA)throws a pretty darn good beer bash called Summerfest http://www.summerfest.com/ http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/owlive/img/jun06/sf_groundsmaP_062506_125x216.jpg

I was in Milwaukee last weekend on a bonzai 26 hour trip visiting relatives and wanted to see Paul Simon but it didn't work out.

This year there are some great well known bands/players performing as well as some great "unknowns". Here is a sampling of the headliners.

ALICE COOPER

AMADOU & MARIAM

ANDREW BIRD

BEATALLICA

BLUE OCTOBER

BODEANS

BOWLING FOR SOUP

BRYAN LEE

CHICK SINGER NIGHT

COMMON

CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVISITED

DAVE MASON

DAVID LEE ROTH

DIERKS BENTLEY

ELVIN BISHOP

ELVIS COSTELLO

EVERCLEAR

FLOGGING MOLLY

GOSPEL CELEBRATION!

HANK WILLIAMS JR.

JACKIE GREENE

JAMES HUNTER

JOAN JETT

KENNY CHESNEY

KINGS OF LEON

LEWIS BLACK

LOS LONELY BOYS

MARGOT & THE NUCLEAR SO & SO'S

MARY J. BLIGE

MEDESKI MARTIN & WOOD

MIKE DOUGHTY

MY MORNING JACKET

NINE INCH NAILS

OTIS TAYLOR

PAUL SIMON

PEARL JAM, TOM PETTY

PHIL VASSAR

PSYCHEDELIC FURS

RALPH'S WORLD

RAY DAVIES

RYAN CABRERA

SOUL ASYLUM

SUSAN TEDESCHI

THE ELECTRIC SIX

THE GO-GO'S

THE REDWALLS

WILCO

I have fond memories of my drinking days at Summerfest. Have you ever been there?

When most people go to work, they work. When musicians go to work, they play. Which do you prefer?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I couldn't stand the mosquitoes and humidity in the summer and the bitter, freeze your a$$-off cold in the winter. Came out here for college and stayed. :) The down-side to living out here is that all of my Milwaukee-based cousins can now easily drink me under the table, I think people from Milwaukee build up some sort of immunity to the intoxicating effects of mass quantities of beer! ;)
When most people go to work, they work. When musicians go to work, they play. Which do you prefer?

Yea, what the heck is a Beatallica? http://www.beatallica.org/images/feb2006/beatallica_2006_small.JPG Do they have mosh pits in Liverpool?

Yep, I played Summerfest last year. It was a good time. The weather that day was hot, but being by the lake was comfortable. Lots of great music and food. The stage manager at our venue was quite a prick, but apart from that, the people were wonderful.

Steve

Originally posted by Still Learning:

Yea, what the heck is a Beatallica? Do they have mosh pits in Liverpool?

Oh God, yes!!! :D

Get yourself down to the Cavern & listen to some of the student bands :thu:

Gig rig: Motif XF8,Roland A37~laptop,Prophet 08,Yam WX5~VL70m.

Studio: V-Synth GT,Korg DW8000,A33,Blofeld,N1R,KS Rack,too many VSTs

Freefall www.f-music.co.uk

Archived