Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Synth, the Voyager Killer?

drhanten

This looks very interesting. I've seen it on another site. Reminds of a Moog Voyager but with more stuff. Can anybody tell me if there is more about this thing or pricing. Somebody mentioned it was by Seekers.

http://static.flickr.com/46/177211213_51a212ffac_b.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Bahn Sage has some competition!

..Joe

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

I'm trying to figure out what the #$@# I'm looking at to the left of the keybed... Is this synth a stick shift?? :)
Reality is like the sun - you can block it out for a time but it ain't goin' away...

I dug into the site Pim's photo came from and found a PDF on a supposedly earlier synth, the SMS-1000, and a URL of www.seekers.co.jp. Typing this in apparently brings up a site full of... wrist watches. Hmmm

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Originally posted by kad:

I'm trying to figure out what the #$@# I'm looking at to the left of the keybed... Is this synth a stick shift?? :)

Yep, it's a modified version of the '69 Javelin/AMX 4-speed that's used here to trigger mod, pitch and the on-board sequencer and Vocoder. :)

This obversation has already been mentioned on another site, but it doesn't appear that it will close on that hinge without the knobs in the top part hitting everything on the bottom part. A hint that it may not be...

real. :gasp:

Archived