Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

VR760 Combo piano ?

jon from oz

For some gigs this is the only board I use but I have never liked the ac piano sounds. I have the Srx 7 Ultimate Keys exp board and these pianos are average as well. How much of an improvement would the Srx 2 or Srx 11 be . It appears that a second hand Srx 2 would be less expensive. Any advice would be great.
JDP

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I own the SRX-02 board and have spent a lot of time with both the '07 and the '11. For solo piano the '11 is by far the best (IMHO). for playing with other instruments, (sitting in a mix, cutting thru a mix, blending in, etc.) I like several of the pianos on both the '02 and the '07.

The mono pianos on my '02 seem to sit pretty well with other instruments in some of my arrangements.

When most people go to work, they work. When musicians go to work, they play. Which do you prefer?

Thanks Guys , good info . I don't do many solo gigs at the moment and if I do I don't use the VR760 so srx2 may fix my problem. For an amp I use a 200w powered Yamaha desk with 1 or 2 Peavy BW speaker cabinets but I go by what I hear in headphones because this is the closest I get to what the F.O.H guy will get . Some gigs I just have a wedge powered by the foldback system.
JDP

I have the SRX07 in my V Combo -- there is at least one good acoustic piano (brighter than the rest of the typical Roland pianos) but i can't recall the name of the patch --

"Oh yeah, I've got two hands here." (Viv Savage)

"Mr. Blu... Mr. Blutarsky: Zero POINT zero." (Dean Vernon Wormer)

Archived