Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Another stereo "acoustic amp"

Jazz+

I just noticed this amp online.

Roland AC-60 Stereo Acoustic Amp

Harry Likas was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 700 of Harry’s piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and jazz piano tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The guitar player in my band has one of those that he uses for jazz gigs. At least I think it's that one. If not, the one he has looks almost exactly like it. Not terribly loud, but he gets a great tone out of it with a hollowbody. It doesn't seem to me that it would be any good for keyboard use. Maybe with the added sub it would be decent.

One of the guitar players I work with brought one of these to rehearsal last week. I'll have to try it out next time. I think it would desperately need the sub woofer for keys, in which case it would probably end up close to the SA300 price range. For me the SA300 makes more sense with the stereo mixer and all.

Also found recently that the SA300 sub can be used as a bench in a pinch.

Busch.

OK, I tried the Roland, and it has some clarity in the highs, but it is not very loud and no lows.

Harry Likas was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 700 of Harry’s piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and jazz piano tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas

Sounds like 2 Roland Cube 30's in a single box. There is thread on Cube 30, and as I recall there was some doubt as to whether a pair of these would work for even small rooms.

BUT: If you add a subwoofer, this changes the rules a bit. And.......it adds more weight. Subwoofers tend to be heavy little beasts.

Kool!

Are you gonna buy it? Gear heads of the world unite around J+'s spending sprees.

I'm still thinking about a pair (maybe just one) of the Mackie or JBL guys. Not sure about all these other hybrid offerings. But the Traynor and the Hartke are somewhat intriguing to me as more of an ensemble dude.

Regards,

Eric

Archived