Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What headphones do most Keyboardist's prefer?

Loufrance

Personally, I'm not as concerned about accuracy and that sort of thing when it comes to headphones. I have a pair of Sony MDR-XD300 headphones, probably $40 on ebay, and they sound great, I hear the whole board nicely. More importantly, they're very very comfortable, even for my big ol' head :P

"...Keytar in a heavy metal band is nothing more than window dressing" - Sven Golly

Cursed Eternity - My Band

Dick Ward - My Me

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and keep in mind what I refer to as a bass I like is something thats not too overpowering or boomy(meaning not boomy like a car going down the street with boomy tunes leaking out of it)
That's not an ideal, either! IMO the ideal is to have plenty of good, controlled, extended low end. If you go to a good THX-certified theatre, you can hear it. The bass can get very loud and low, lower than you need for music really, but it's always controlled and clean, nothing like the "boom boom" car stereo. That's the difference between probably installed and set-up professional reference monitors and mass market consumer stuff.

And certainly, you can get "monitor-quality" audio out of relatively inexpensive headphones.

Incidentally, I get the sense from this thread that somehow volumes of bass is for those with unrefined tastes, which is odd to me since it's a harmonic anchor and a driving rhythmic force behind so much music.

What do you mean by:

"I get the sense from this thread that somehow volumes of bass is for those with unrefined tastes"

I'm not being hostile :D I just don't understand your statment.

My favorite for 25+ years and Koss still makes 'em - they're big and heavy and close out all outside sound, but I still love 'em.

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product_Id=24798&JRSource=googlebase.datafeed.KOS+PRO4AA

I also like the Sonys.

"Oh yeah, I've got two hands here." (Viv Savage)

"Mr. Blu... Mr. Blutarsky: Zero POINT zero." (Dean Vernon Wormer)

Archived