Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Emerging From Chaos

There's been a lot of threads lately about bands people like or don't like, but the thing is, we are musicians aren't we? What is your latest project? That IS the question isn't it? What are you doing to further your career or hobby?It's easy to look on from the outside and critque things,but when all is said and done, you have to do something yourself and put it out there OR you're just a [b]POSER![/b]. See ya on the other side of Chaos.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]There's been a lot of threads lately about bands people like or don't like, but the thing is, we are musicians aren't we? What is your latest project? That IS the question isn't it? What are you doing to further your career or hobby?It's easy to look on from the outside and critque things,but when all is said and done, you have to do something yourself and put it out there OR you're just a [b]POSER![/b]. See ya on the other side of Chaos.[/b][/quote]All I know is I'm doing a lot more than you. You crazy hippie poser. :D
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]What are you doing to further your career or hobby?[/b][/quote]We often record our shows to look for warts, but we have never, as a band, sat down to critically listen to the results. As two of our main gigs are dropping live music this year (leaving no gigs for a few weeks) :( we're going to do just that our next rehearsal (Friday), no instruments, just critically listen to our show. The drummer, who's heard them already, said we've got some major overhauling to do on our harmony vocals. This may be eye-opening, I'll post again after our session.

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

I am in the process(early) of developing a commercial catalog. I'm sick of my non-musical job and just want to make music. I hope to have a nice portfolio of songs by the spring. I intend to explore local ad agencies to start with, then hopefully move on to bigger fish.
I really don't know what to put here.

Wewus, that IS the question. And it's good to ask THE question instead of avoiding it. Well, I'm back into the studio on Wednesday. My living room is a studio, but that's where I develop the sketches that I flesh out in THE studio. Hey, this is fun, I'm using ALL CAPS! The plan is to make three more songs to go on my website, that will be in a similar style to the short mp3 that is already there. The purpose of the website and mp3's is to get exposure and drum up business. And, I'll tell you, it sure beats sending CD's in the mail with the time lag and expense. Okay, there's my project/overview! Back to ya!

I have just gone throug some protracted litigation with my former studio partner. We have finally settled amd I have all of my gear back in my house, along with some new goodies. The room is just about done, and I will resume recording my new CD in the next couple of weeks. I will hopefully be releasing it by the end of April.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

I have a brand new project that came after several folks expressed interest in my music. I have much to do other than that. Lot's of software that I need to delve into deeper. Lot's of practicing to do as well. Since I work pretty much exclusively by myself I can get distracted pretty easily by some new equipment or software and I am glad that I finally have a solid project to work on. This will give me more focus and direction. Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead!!! :D

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

ME: "Nobody knows the troubles I've seen!"

Unknown Voice: "The Shadow do!"

Hey, it's good to hear what you guys are [b]really[/b] up to. I feel like we've discussed all the vital issues, and the gear, and the world around us, and now it's time to use what we've learned and create something. I guess I'm one of the worst for distracting people but I want you to know, I do have your best interest at heart. What can I say? YOU ARE MY PEOPLE, and no matter how crazy or screwed up things get, that's just........the truth. So, I'm thinking, well I know, that you're feeling the same thing I am, which is the need to create something NEW, or something old, revisited, but the need to create is there and that's one of the things that binds us together. [b]My people, I salute you![/b] Thanks for all the inspiration. I'm not going away or anything just wanted to say thanks for being there.

Archived