Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What is up at Digidesign?

Hey, does anyone know what is going on overthere? I have been trying to log onto [url=http://www.digidesign.com]www.digidesign.com[/url] all day and had no luck. I called a friend and had him try and he couldn't either.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Alndln Hammer: [b]Hackers invaded the net Friday night and infected many servers.[/b][/quote]I was at the site last night and it was running fine. Oh well. And to think that some folks here think that: hACkEr's R' kULe! :evil: :freak:

After the worm attack they've probably still got some ip ranges blackholed. It could also be that someone on your netblock hasn't cleaned up thier system and, your entire ip space is being blocked in certain places. Blame Microsoft.

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

[quote]Originally posted by phaeton: [b] Blame Microsoft.[/b][/quote]The severs that had the MS Patch supposedly weren't affected.I tend to put the blame on this type of thing where it belongs,on the hackers. :rolleyes:
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

[quote]Originally posted by Alndln Hammer: [b] [quote]Originally posted by phaeton: [b] Blame Microsoft.[/b][/quote]The severs that had the MS Patch supposedly weren't affected.I tend to put the blame on this type of thing where it belongs,on the hackers. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]That is what I say. :wave:

[quote]Robert Symington, Portugal : [b]Although many people (including myself) tend to put the blame on Microsoft for producing software without regard to security, in this case it is clear that negligence on the part of certain sysadmins is to blame. The vulnerability has been known for over six months and is easy to fix. The only reason this worm has been able to cause such damage is because people who don't know how to run a proper server can't be bothered to install the fixes when they become available. [/b][/quote]Maybe next time my ass itches I'll blame Apple,makes about as much sense as blaming MS for a hacker invasion that they already issued patches for months ago.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

[quote]Originally posted by phaeton: [b]After the worm attack they've probably still got some ip ranges blackholed. It could also be that someone on your netblock hasn't cleaned up thier system and, your entire ip space is being blocked in certain places. [/b][/quote]You were probably right. It was still down early this morning, but I am getting through now. Thanks for the 411

Problem is, installing an M$ patch or service pack is a crapshoot, and often causes more serious problems than it solves. That's why IT people often wait to install them until they absolutely have to. Amazing that anyone is running M$ server software at all...what are they thinking? :confused: Let's see: a) expensive, buggy, insecure, and closed source vs b) free, robust, secure, and open source Gee, it's a tough choice isn't it? Oh well, maybe someday people will learn...

Archived