Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Stupid amp question

Blue JC

The ground pin broke off of the power cord on my Roland KC-500 last night. Is this something that needs taken care off immediately or can it wait until next service call?
Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer. W. C. Fields

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends on whether you like getting shocked or not. ;)

It probably would be best to fix it now. Any hardware store will have replacement connectors, just cut the old one off and put the new one on. Be careful to make sure the hot and neutral wires are connected to the correct tabs.

Good Luck

You may get some hum out of the amp in certain venues. But it isn't an urgent fix. It is very easy to replace though. You can get plugs that use screw connectors so you don't even need to solder it.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Originally posted by BluesKeys:

You may get some hum out of the amp in certain venues. But it isn't an urgent fix. It is very easy to replace though. You can get plugs that use screw connectors so you don't even need to solder it.

I wouldn't take the advice of Jim (BluesKeys). :rolleyes:

Look at his picture. http://www.weststreetband.com/images/BM59_small.jpg You can easily tell this man has been shocked over and over again. :eek:

I know him. And I can tell you... he ain't right. ;)

I can also tell you that he's a helluva keyboard player. :thu:

Go to Home Depot and buy a 3-pronged plug. Connect it all up and you'll be set. Do this before you, too, get shocked and look like my friend, Jim.

You won't regret it. :D

dB - this is NOT an M&M attack. http://candydiscounters.com/chocolate_images/m&m.jpg In fact, if I play my cards right, Jim is going to buy the first round Thursday night. I wish you were around to join us.

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Thanks. It's going in the shop anyway as of last night (distortion) so I'll have them deal with it. This is my back-up amp which I have been using while my main amp is in the shop so I'll just swap them out.

Love music - hate equipment. I feel like I'm buying stock in my repair shop lately.

Thanks again,

JC

Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer. W. C. Fields

Archived