Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboard Stand for Radio Shack/Casio

Jazzwee

So I got myself this Radio Shack/Casio PX 100 and found it fits nicely in the floor of the backseat. When I bought it, I carried it out under my arms to the car (long walk). No big deal. This is great!

Now what I would like is an equally light stand and compact. Most discussions of Keyboard stands in the past are more oriented to the usual heavy keyboards. This "RS DP-4703" is only 25 lbs or so in weight. It is a full 88 of course so it is long.

I've looked at pictures of the Quiklock Z-14 but can't tell how the Quikloks fold. I had a light X style stand before (cheap) but even when folded it is not compact. Heavy duty is not important. Reasonable stability but not critical. I have a extra heavy duty X-Stand I can use when stability is important.

So could someone recommend a stand? Also can anyone tell me if the Z-14 (or any in the entire Z series) folds like a "Z" or like an "I". The X style stands fold like an "H" and are stil full length. My space in the SUV is a little cramped with passengers so compact folding is important. Short and stubby is probably better than long.

Price? Well, can't be too expensive for a light weight, right?

P.s. there are no "folded" stand pictures in the Quiklok site.

Thanks!

Hamburg Steinway O, Crumar Mojo, Nord Electro 4 HP 73, EV ZXA1

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://media.zzounds.com/media/brand,zzounds/p30601h-996d55f80062a82a2077bd0c02ff72a0.jpg

http://media.zzounds.com/media/brand,zzounds/fit,325by400/quality,85/VFOLDED-929aad7e2ede1e710ca0f76ea795223a.jpg

This may be overkill for the RS DP-4703 but the Ultimate Support V-Stand (VS80) is about the stubbiest folded stand I've found. It is heavy-duty and more stable than it looks and it sets up or folds down in seconds. Unfortunately it is expensive ($199 online) and heavy (almost 20 lbs) and I would recommend getting the optional carry bag for it too, but it is a dependable and very nice-looking stand that folds into a small package.

This is the stand I like. I have had one for years, and a few years ago tried switching to an X type stand and there was no place for my legs under the X stand that was comfortable, so I quickly returned to this one. This stand is also the most stable I have found.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&kw=YALG100&is=REG&Q=&O=productlist&sku=162249

PRO - yes that is expensive. But I'll put it on the list since it is the right folded shape. Thanks for the folding pic. That's what I'm looking for.

BobSK8 - How does that fold?

Anyone with a QuikLok Z stand?

Thanks guys!

Jazwee,

It folds in about 3 seconds to a flat slab , since the legs fold in towards the center. Then I can place it on anything flat, and I usually put it on my amps that are on top of my dolly. The only thing this stand is not good for is if you play standing up. It adjusts up and down, but not enough to play standing.

I also have a Quiklok Z Stand, which doesn't fold. You unscrew the bolts holding the main support bar and carry the disassembled pieces. It's big, very heavy duty and I use mine in my studio only... it was too cumbersome for stage.

I also have a Yamaha LG100. It's a big slab when folded. And I have the QuikLok Monlith M-91 which also folds into a large slab. Of all mentioned so far the V-Stand is the smallest when folded.

Originally posted by Bobsk8:

Originally posted by Jazzwee:

Bobsk8,

How big is the slab?

thanks.

Jazzwee

http://www.emusicgear.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=LG100
I see. It is the full size of the top. It doesn't get any smaller (at least from the picture).

Burningbusch -- this V stand looks like it folds pretty well. Does it? Like is said, it's the folding pictures I couldn't find.

All the suggestions though are expensive (compared to the keyboard). Which could be ok if there's no other choice. Stability, etc. aren't so important here because the keyboard is so light.

Archived