Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Boss DR-3 drum machine w/bass

Napster

I'm looking for an inexpensive drum machine that has some decent swing, jazz, latin, and ballad rhythms to play along with at home. This one has been recommended to me, but I haven't heard it yet. It would also be nice to be able to program it for the bass lines. Anybody tried or used one of these?

Thanks,

Napster

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.harmony-central.com/Events/WNAMM98/Zoom/RhythmTrak.jpg

I own a Zoom 234 rythym track drum machine. It is very programable and has a group of the the sounds you want. You can program your own bass and drum grooves or even build entire songs. It has a good selection of different bass sounds and kits. A lot of people like the sound quality .

You can play the pads manually and they come with sensitivity settings. You can quantize at least up to a 64th or at least a 48th.You really won't need to go past a 32nd . You can record in real time or step time which is a real help.

It comes with 99 presets and 99 grooves you can erase or change to your own use.

It also has a groove play where you push one pad and hold the repeat button and it plays an element ,then you can push another pad an add another element.

The manual is pretty easy to understand

Hi,

Yes, you can defeat the auto bass line and just have drum backing. It is also possible to access the bass sound live via MIDI. The default bass MIDI channel is set to channel 2 but that is assignable.

The bass sounds respond to velocity but only the amplitude is affected.

Best Regards,

Dave

Wm. David McMahan

I Play, Therefore I Am

Originally posted by Napster:

Sven,

Thanks for the advice. I'm glad you're back! I play left hand bass quite a bit, so I am hoping this machine could be used both ways. I'll check out the Roland website.

Napster

Thanks, Napster. I couldn't stay away. ;)

Y'know, I never even thought of this; I do a lot of LH bass with one of my projects, and end up dragging a second board and/or a rack for those tones. You've given me something to think about (especially because we may end up doing some shows without the drummer as a trio). This might be a good option. Thanks! :thu:

Archived