Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NBA 2005-2006 thread

Dave Bryce

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NEW YORK, May 18 Jason Terry of the Dallas Mavericks has been suspended one game without pay for punching San Antonios Michael Finley, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Senior Vice President Basketball Operations.

The incident occurred with 3.4 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter of the Mavericks 98-97 loss to the Spurs last night at AT&T Center. Terry will serve his suspension Friday night as the Mavericks host the Spurs for Game 6 of the Western Conference Semifinals.

When most people go to work, they work. When musicians go to work, they play. Which do you prefer?

All that TNT caught was Finley's reaction -- he was freaking out and Bowen was calming him down.

Heck, I am a bit of a Spurs fan, but I hate to see this taint the best playoff series in recent mmory. This is a huge loss for Dal, and in a game they have to win.

This series has been blowing my mind. The Spurs have been getting vintage performances from Duncan, Parker, and Ginobli, and Finley has made big contributions, and even so, Dallas has conistently looked like the better team.

Reason? I'd say because the Spurs' secret strength is size and frontline depth, and Mohammed (a starter all season!), Nesterovic and big shot Brob can hardly get on the floor because of the Maverick's speed.

The Pistons-Cavs series, by contrast has been shocking but not nealry so entertaining. Mavs/Spurs is about white knuckle games and an incredibly high level of play all around.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Originally posted by Magpel:

All that TNT caught was Finley's reaction -- he was freaking out and Bowen was calming him down.

Yeah, I saw this and couldn't figure out what was going on? Nobody mentioned it during or even after the game. Damn stupid, though, like the guy on the Nets who was suspended for drugs during the Heat series.

If I were Mark Cuban, I'd fire Terry on the spot. Then I'd go buy an island full of those Girls Gone Wild chicks. :D

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Originally posted by steadyb:

Lame.

Finley should be suspended too.

I saw the play on ESPN. Finley really didn't do anything.

I'll call the commissioner and make sure he doesn't get suspended.

Sorry Geoff, nothing personal towards you (I know you know that), but I don't like the Suns. I hope the Clippers beat 'em Monday.

The Suns should've lost two series in a row in six games. Here's hoping their luck runs out in game 7.

I am happy for you that you're enjoying this extended playoff run.

Are you kidding me? The Suns are great! How can you not like a team that has made stars of cast-offs and salary ballast like Tim Thomas and Boris Diaw? You're still a little bitter is all. And that's okay. But the Suns are cool. There's simply nothing to dislike there unless you're A) a Laker fan and B) a kobe for MVP advocate.

Of course, I'm loving the Clipper too. If Shaun Livingtone were about 2 years further along in his development (with Cassell coming off the bench ala Vinnie the Microwave) I think they'd be a championship contender right now, especially if they had a more tactical coach (say, Larry Brown) calling the shots. Alas, though, the timing may not be right. Sam's gonna slow down some day, as is Cutino, just as Livingston and Kaman are hitting their stride...

Until Terry's suspension, I was starting to believe that everything was set up just right for Dallas to win it all this year. Still might, but this is a big blow.

I haven;'t followed the evidence and analysis. Where do you all stand now? Justified or not?

Yeah, I love the Suns, but if I have to choose between the Suns making it to the finals and losing to the Pistons or the Clippers making it to the finals and losing to the Pistons, I'm going with the Clippers. I want LA to be a Clipper town, if just for 7 games :D

"...Keytar in a heavy metal band is nothing more than window dressing" - Sven Golly

Cursed Eternity - My Band

Dick Ward - My Me

Originally posted by Dick Ward (MP Hall of Fame Wannabe):

if I have to choose between the Suns making it to the finals and losing to the Pistons or the Clippers making it to the finals and losing to the Pistons, I'm going with the Clippers.

Ummmm....Daytwah has to make it past the Cavs first, Dr. Ward... :idea:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by Magpel:

Are you kidding me? The Suns are great! How can you not like a team that has made stars of cast-offs and salary ballast like Tim Thomas and Boris Diaw? You're still a little bitter is all. And that's okay. But the Suns are cool. There's simply nothing to dislike...

There's lots to dislike. The Suns have been hanging around thanks to one lucky shot or bounce after another. They were lucky to escape round one, and lucky to still be around in round two.

Originally posted by steadyb:

Mags, you have a different favorite team every year...

The Kings, The Spurs, The Suns...

What's wrong with sticking with the Celtics or Knicks???

Well you got a point there, and you know my history.

Celtics fan in the 70s and 80s, and I'm not sure how I lost touch with that, but I did, and I would be faking it if I tried to go back.

I've actually never been a true Knicks fan, but they'll get my regional allegiance when they deserve it.

It's actually kind of fun not having a team, especially now that the game itself is getting so strong.

Truth is, I'll be disappointed to see the Suns or the Clippers go home. The only time I know exactly who I am rooting for is when the Lakers are playing... ;):D

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Originally posted by meccajay:

We are all witness.

I'm not... :D dB
Maybe not, but this guy sure was http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_sears/2006-05-19-mcdyess.jpg
TROLL . . . ish.

Yeah, I know Dave. BTW, umm.. you think they'll do that whole pass to the guy who is sinking baskets like crazy thing this time? Cuz man, McD could have gotten them the win pretty easily there in the 4th. Or I guess they could keep passing to Tayshaun, and having him get shut down. I guess it's up to them.

Honestly, I thought it would be D-town all the way, but now it's looking like it could be anyone's game. If Detroit doesn't win tonight, I'll be shocked. Use more McD, put Hunter on LeBron more, shut down the players that aren't LeBron. If it doesn't go to game 7, I'll be really really suprised.

This could be a very bizzare finals. Dallas v Miami? Clippers v Cavs? Then again, it could always end up Pistons Spurs again. It'll be interesting either way!

"...Keytar in a heavy metal band is nothing more than window dressing" - Sven Golly

Cursed Eternity - My Band

Dick Ward - My Me

For me, LeBron hasn't been the amazing thing about that series. In fact, I thought he was kind of underhwleming in game 5. Bad shot selection, missing free throws, throwing the ball away.

For me, the amazing thing is how utterly flat the Pistons are. Don't tell me it's the same smothering Cleveland defense that gave up 40 a night to Gilbert Arenas.

LeBron is good and heading toward great, and if he can finish the Pistons I'll be onboard.

Good for Larry Hughes. As much as I want to see the Pistons get their act together an advance, it would be great to see Larry hit a few clutch shots down the stretch in this game.

Mags,

I agree. My props to Lebron are more for the fact that the Cavs won 3 straight games against Detroit. Game 5 really came down to the lesser of to evils. Nobody was spectacular, but the Cavs hung on the longest. Lebron did have a nice pass down low to Gooden for the win.

Dick Ward,

Good points about the Pistons mixups. I wouldn't be surprized if we see a GREAT game from Chauncey tonight. He's about due.....overdue actually! That plus a "man possessed" revenge game from McDyess should be on tap.

TROLL . . . ish.

Archived