Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NBA 2005-2006 thread

Dave Bryce

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by RABid:

Originally posted by Geoff Grace:

... As for American Idol, on the other hand, you East Coast viewers have the advantage you don't have to worry about stumbling upon spoilers from someone who posted from an earlier time-zone about who was eliminated! But that's another topic

Best,

Geoff

Don't worry, I will not tell you that Kat just ran off of the stage crying after forgetting her words to the first song.

Robert

:P

Okay, now back to work. ;)

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I made it to 8:00 of the 4th qurater. Can't believe what I missed, but the NBA/Networks have GOT to compromise a bit on these starting times. I think they should tip off at 6:30 PST. So maybe some of the west coast fans don't get settled in until the second quarter; at least everyone gets to see the endings.

Bye bye Nets. You showed up fro game 5 at least, but for the umpteenth straight year, the lack of a go-to big man and a half court offense is your fatal flaw.

Well actually, it was a defensive breakdown lasty night, as far as I could tell.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Also, guys remember to check out NBA on TNT tonight..

Sir Kobe Bryant is on set with Sir Charles talking about that game 7, and the many text messages that have been going back and forth between the two.. Should be big fun!

TROLL . . . ish.

Geez, I thought the Clips/Suns would NEVER end. That was a tough game down the stretch. Hard fouls on Bell and Marion, and then the ankle. Ouch! The corner three by Bell was amazing!

Lots of exciting finishes this year. My only regret is that my Nets and Devils were eliminated within two days of each other.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

...and another amazing finish!!!!

I was really worried Dalllas was gonna send SA packing. That one could easily have gone either way.

Is it just my imagination, or have there been more close exciting games in the playoffs this year than usual?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Dave I don't know and I don't know. I was really hoping Dallas would make it. For some reason, I really want Cuban to get one. Well, into the finals anyway.

As far as the Pistons, it beats me why they kept going to Tayshaun in the 4th when McDyess could do no wrong. He really should have had the last posession. My boys had better be able to finish up in Cleveland and defend in the next game or I will be completely shocked. If the Pistons don't win, I'm all about the Clippers. I'm a sucker for the underdog, and I'd love to see them get it. It's nice to see them actually try a bit in the post season, and not be the farm team they usually are.

"...Keytar in a heavy metal band is nothing more than window dressing" - Sven Golly

Cursed Eternity - My Band

Dick Ward - My Me

Originally posted by Dick Ward (MP Hall of Fame Wannabe):

As far as the Pistons, it beats me why they kept going to Tayshaun in the 4th when McDyess could do no wrong. He really should have had the last posession.

Yeah, I have to agree with you on that one, Dick. McDyess clearly had the hot hand.

If the Pistons don't win, I'm all about the Clippers. I'm a sucker for the underdog, and I'd love to see them get it.
I'd also love to see the Clips go on - it's cool to have a team in LA I can root for... ;)

dB

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

...and another amazing finish!!!!

I was really worried Dalllas was gonna send SA packing. That one could easily have gone either way.

Is it just my imagination, or have there been more close exciting games in the playoffs this year than usual?

dB

I was worried too, but the Spurs are still in the game. I heard that the Spurs/Mavs series has been decided by a total of 9 points.

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

dB

No, these games are really exciting!!!!! And unpredictable!!

Who woulda thunk that the Cavaliers would be 3-2?

I'd love to see the Clippers move on as well.

I've been a Lakers fan ever since I was a little kid, and really like Phil Jackson, but there's something about this Lakers team that really bugs me. And that "something" is gonna be # 24 next year.... :D He's possibly the game's greatest talent currently, but sheeesh, why couldn't it be someone cool like Derek Fisher instead who has that much talent???? :D

Originally posted by Unknot:

I heard that the Spurs/Mavs series has been decided by a total of 9 points.

It's been a brilliant series, but this stat can't be right. Dallas won game 2 by something like 22 points, but every other game has been an absolute gem--decided by 1 or 2.
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Originally posted by Ken/Eleven Shadows:

So what did Barkley and Bryant say about each other, etc. exactly?

Kobe was cool! Well-spoken, low key, to the point, and he didn't hesitate to gove LeBron some respect ("special players make special plays"). I was impressed. Of course, Kobe could have just sat there and said nothing and looked smarter than Charles and Ernie. That crew is the basketball equivalent of Joe Theisman and Paul McGuire.

Great finish for the Spurs! They weren't shooting that well, but Ginobili was amazing, forcing turnovers and jump balls to give SA just enough edge.

This weekend is going to be the high point of the playoffs, IMO.

Originally posted by Dan South:

Kobe could have just sat there and said nothing and looked smarter than Charles and Ernie. That crew is the basketball equivalent of Joe Theisman and Paul McGuire.

Ok, love your takes Dan, but that one is way innacurate. Ernie is very much smarter than he comes off. He plays the straight man for Charles & Kenny's antics, but has had to be in reserve for that to even come off well..it does. The reason it does is because the 3 of them play the broadcast desk much like a basketball team, with each playing specific role, with chemistry at the forefront. Ernie runs the point, feeds Barkley who plays the honest inside perspective guy, while Kenny is the veteran, fun/energy guy.

Much different than Theisman and McGuire who have one take for each standard scenerio and just repeat it thru the season while talking over one another.

TROLL . . . ish.

Meccajay,

I agree with your assessment of Ernie, Kenny, and Chuck's roles. What I find annoying is that they constantly interrupt each other in a clumsy way. This leads to tense pauses and inevitible bickering, and while they're bickering, they're not talking about basketball. I *love* spirited discussion - kinda like the ones that we have *HERE* ;) - but it has to FLOW, and there ain't no flow in the TNT show.

:)

Originally posted by Dan South:

Kobe was cool! Well-spoken, low key, to the point, and he didn't hesitate to gove LeBron some respect ("special players make special plays"). I was impressed.

I actually totally agree. I thought Kobe was kind of a natural behind the desk. Very well spoken, very relaxed and at ease, inciteful commentary, pleasant demeanor.

I think he should stop playing now and go that instead. :thu:

dB

Archived