Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yamaha PSR-293, send to PC.

Janitore

I'm asking this for a friend that has no online access.

She has the Yamaha PSR-293 keyboard which has the ability to record six tracks to built in flash memory. The manual seems to mention bringing data into the keyboard from a PC via USB, but she was under the impression that she could do just the opposite; upload from the keyboard to the PC. Is this possible? If so could someone tell me how?

She's able to record directly from headphone/output to line in on PC, but this won't do for the six tracks of midi data.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it is, atleast for that model. My Yamaha DGX-205 won't even allow from-keyboard-to-computer tranferring, as in after I recorded a song using flash memeory, I can't transfer that file to the computer.

The DGX-205 manuel also mentions "bringing data into the keyboard from a PC via USB", but says it doesn't allow for newly "user" recorded songs to be tranfered back.

Im looking into an external recorder to act as the middle-man for compensation now. huh

As the keyboard plays back her recorded tracks, the data is also sent out as MIDI data via the USB connection. She needs a program on the computer capable of receiving that data. Do you need the names of some? A budget figure would be good to have for that.
Kawai GS-40 grand & other keys

Originally posted by Hugo H:

As the keyboard plays back her recorded tracks, the data is also sent out as MIDI data via the USB connection. She needs a program on the computer capable of receiving that data. Do you need the names of some? A budget figure would be good to have for that.

please spill some names? thanks

As the keyboard plays back her recorded tracks, the data is also sent out as MIDI data via the USB connection.
Cakewalk's Sonar is a sequencer, correct? If she can send via USB during playback will it send as seperate tracks, or just one mixdown track?

If I can get it into a sequencer as seperate tracks this would be ideal as we want to do some mixing and mastering "in the box".

Thanks!

Archived