Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Inspiration

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
learn. seriously, if yer stuck in a video game, do you sit there and get fuming mad or quit? no, ya go explore the situation from a different angle and learn something new about it. right now i am working on crossfading between two samples via mod wheel. it aint workin yet, but i am on to sumthin here. if ya keep yer mind busy, it will come up with ideas on its own. treat your mind as your peer, not as your own.

Take a class in something you normally wouldn't. Like if your a "rock" kind of guy, go take a music appreciation class. Personally, I like going to the symphony. I had to for a theory class I was taking, it really is a special experience if you have never been (and remains amazing after the first time).

BNC, you are right. With a fine orchestra and an inspired conductor, the symphony IS always amazing! As for the problem at hand... Might be, at times, you're trying too hard. I'll get blasted for this, but just put it down and occupy yourself with something unrelated. In your case, music. This works well in other areas as well. It gets to a point where your frustration is overpowering your sense of direction. Whitefang
I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

either intoxicants or exercise. If I just had one I`ll try the other. But by exercise, I don`t mean the superficial `cardio burn` that sells contraptions on T.V.-I mean, a good whole body warmup-yoga/tai chi-followed by some moderately intense stuff, running, martial arts, whatever, after that working on the small items-spine correction, eye exercises, etc. then some chanting or other breathing-oriented things. That`ll clean yer pipes, you`ll feel like nothing before now even mattered.

Seems like there's a big cheer for intoxicants here. I'm riding the same train as you, ljp. I've been feeling pretty down as of late...I lost my job, my girlfriend is gone for the next 3 years, and I can't get to groovin' very easily. Inspiration just isn't striking. If I could use said intoxicants, I would. But it's generally discouraged when you're looking for a job. You'll get through it, man. I'll get through it. We can help each other get through it, man.

Drugs are not the answer,exercise is good,healthy mind and body =zen.I'm dealing w/ alot of personal crap myself and it takes every ounce of energy to get thru the day.In fact the last few daze,i have gotten anti-social that this board has been theraputic to say the least. :wave: Monk
I cannot be bought, and I cannot be threatened. But if you put them both together then I'm your man!"

Archived