Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any Problems with S90ES?

Killerloop

Hello! I really would like to buy the S90ES!

Are there any Problems or reasons not to buy one?

I know there were problems with the old S90. For Example Timinig Problems. (When using a Midifile or Arpeggiator and play Live with 1 or 2 Voices too, there were real problems. Similar to the EXS5)

I also heard about problems with Studiomanager an problems with Midifileplaying. (Doesn't know lots of Files.

I also heard from problems with Logic6. To play a Midifile in Logic 6 and give the outsput the Multiinstrument S90Es had problems. (omputer crashes and Timingproblems!)

Is this true??

Do you know any problems or reasons not to buy one?

Thanks a lot, Killerloop

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know there were problems with the old S90. For Example Timinig Problems. (When using a Midifile or Arpeggiator and play Live with 1 or 2 Voices too, there were real problems. Similar to the EXS5)

I've used my S90 in all the situations you mentioned and never experienced the problems you mentioned. Could it be related to the other things working with the S90?

As far as the S90ES goes, there was a recall on it but all seems to be fine with it from what I've heard. I'm sure people who own and use it all the time are better qualified to answer this question than I am. You can do a search and there are many threads with information specific to the S90ES.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

I believe the MIDI timing issues were related only to the original MOTIF rack. It had bad rep. The new MOTIF ES Rack has no timing issues that I've heard of so far. The S90 and S90ES don't have such issues. Maybe the S80 before it but I'm getting old and can't remember everything I read in here. Check over at motifator.com as well.

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

Archived