Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nord Stage or Nord Electro (Piano Sounds)

Killerloop

Hi!

What do you think:

In Sounds Clavinet Epianos (Rhodes Wurli CP80):

Is the Stage really better than the Electro?

I want to buy one. (for Hammond and Epianos. The action i like more from the Electro because of Organ)

But just the EPiano Sounds (all the parts I wrote).are they so much better or on the same Level?

Thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've played the Stage Grand and the eps are exceptional. I'm not familiar w/ the electro but KB magazine said the SG's eps were an improvement over the electro's. I doubt they were so much improved that I would want to spnd more that twice as much money to get one especially given that you prefer the electro action for organ playing.

JP

1935 Mason & Hamlin Model A

Korg Kronos 2 73

Nord Electro 6D 61

Yam S90ES

Rhodes Stage 73 (1972)

This thread came up over at the HC KSS forum. The quick answer is that the Electro is a great instrument with an action best suited for organ, clav and Wurly. It is not the ideal Rhodes or piano action, but it will do in a pinch (I actually like it). When controlled by a fully weighted board, it becomes even more magical.

For my money, I don't know of another keyboard that is more inspiring, musical and intuitive than the Electro. You get a whole lot of vibe for your money with this one, that's for sure.

Regards,

Eric

Archived