Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

M-audio ProKeys88

SonicCanvas

Anyone actually played one of these yet? I would love to know if the keyboard feel is better than the old one. I am looking for a good 88 key weighted controller and if it has a few decent sounds that would be OK with me.

Any suggestions on a good weighted controller that is less expensive than the StudioLogic?

Thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by SonicCanvas:

Anyone actually played one of these yet? I would love to know if the keyboard feel is better than the old one.

Not to my hands, it's not.

I am looking for a good 88 key weighted controller and if it has a few decent sounds that would be OK with me.

This ain't it, I'm afraid. Sorry.

Any suggestions on a good weighted controller that is less expensive than the StudioLogic?

No idea, but a wise man once said you get what you pay for, or some such thing... ;)

Cheers,

SG

I've played it. Wrote a big ol' article about it, too. Did you miss Keyboard's July 05 review?

It's certainly not a controller, and wasn't intended to be. All it is is a nifty-for-the-price stage piano with some quite-good-even-at-a-slightly-higher-price sounds. I didn't hate the keyboard action at all, but there's no point in listening to anyone other than yourself about keyboard actions. It's good if you like how it feels. It's no good if you don't.

Technical Editor

Keyboard Magazine

More people pay for Keyboard than any other music-tech magazine. Period.

I've been looking at the Pro Keys( but no one has one here yet in England to test). Does it have the same 'Fender Rhodes' action like the Keystation 88? For leccy piano it would be great..dunno about playing a piano on it though if the keyboard action is the same as the Keystation.

Archived