Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Praise for Keyboard

marino

Since I've recently expressed my disappointment with the direction Keyboard Magazine has taken recently (even though it was never my intention to start such a large debate on the subject), I'd like to give some positive thoughts about the latest issue. Well, in Italy the "latest" issue is still the August one, as we're just a little more than a month behind (don't ask me why).

In short, I picked up the magazine from the newsstand, and saw Rudess transcription, and article on Ethan Iverson whom I like quite a lot, reviews of PEK and Voyager rack which seem quite complete, and just bought it.

Well done, Keyboard. Thank you!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Marino. We know that to many of you, we're only as good as our most recent issue. Just keep in mind that we have a huge variety of tastes to serve, and not every issue can serve them all equally. Anyway, I'm glad you found stuff you liked in the August issue.

And for the record, the content of any single issue is not necessarily indicative of our direction. It's not direction-of-the-month around here. It's an ongoing body of work with a unified direction.

Technical Editor

Keyboard Magazine

More people pay for Keyboard than any other music-tech magazine. Period.

Originally posted by Ken Hughes:

Thanks Marino. We know that to many of you, we're only as good as our most recent issue. Just keep in mind that we have a huge variety of tastes to serve, and not every issue can serve them all equally. Anyway, I'm glad you found stuff you liked in the August issue.

And for the record, the content of any single issue is not necessarily indicative of our direction. It's not direction-of-the-month around here. It's an ongoing body of work with a unified direction.

Thanks for the response, Ken. Just let me clarify a couple of points:

The reason for my previous decision to stop buying the magazine *on a regular basis*, was simply that I had not found many things of interest to me, for many months in a row. This had never happened before, in my almost 30 years as a regular reader.

I understand very well the need to appeal to both professionals and students/amateurs, and to sell the magazine to both young players and old bears like me. :) I am just speaking for myself here - and since with the other thread I had started (unintentionally) a kind of lenghty debate on the magazine, I just thought it was right to say something positive this time, since from my point of view, the August issue was the best in a long time. Just my opinion of course! :)

Archived