Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT... service from Amazon

Dave Horne

I ordered two books as a wedding gift (along with a check) for my niece. The books arrived here (in the Netherlands) and both have glued bindings. These were from the Eyewitness Travel Guide series; my wife and I have ten or so (all sewn bindings). Before I ordered from Amazon I went to the publisher's web site to confirm that there is only one type of each book that exists. They only offered one of each type. I have since complained to the publisher and even called to London. I also wrote two e-mails to Amazon to complain.

I received an e-mail from Amazon today and they are refunding the entire amount to my credit card. Excellent service.

I had an issue with Amazon in the past where the book arrived but was slightly damaged. They also refunded the full amount. I wrote back suggesting that a $5 discount would be more than fair. It wasn't possible, that had to refund the full amount. I try to be a good customer - when things go well, I praise and when things don't go well, I complain.

I have learned a lesson - in the future I will buy more books from my local store. I can explain in advance what kind of binding I want and if the wrong one comes in I won't buy it.

Doesn't anyone else get annoyed at paying $25 for a book with a glued binding? I realize paperback books are printed that way, but my library has paperbacks with sewn bindings. I'd gladly pay more for better quality.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived