Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Patch Level Output problems

grego

Is there a way to make the signal you send to the board the same for every patch you use? Some patches I use are massive in their sound and I turn way down at my keyboard only to find my next patch is weak, maxing out the volume still leaves me barely audible. Any help?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by grego:

Is there a way to make the signal you send to the board the same for every patch you use? Some patches I use are massive in their sound and I turn way down at my keyboard only to find my next patch is weak, maxing out the volume still leaves me barely audible. Any help?

Only two solutions I know of...

1) Spend time programming the output level of each program that you're going to use. IF they're all in the same synth, they should already be approximately the same - the people who prgrammed the synth should have "levelled" the program bank - that's one of the less glamorous but necessary aspects of sound design.

2) Use a compressor/limiter after the outputs of your synth.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

They often don't level the sounds for all patches. Tritons seem to have a particular problem in this area but it happens with all units to some extent.

Also perception of level can be different from actual level depending upon complexity of sound. But for starters hook up to a mixer and set your level to give 0db on a loud sound, then edit the others to match.

Archived