Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help With Controllor For Changing Chords

zoomer

Hi everyone, this is my first post on this board. I have a Kurzweil PC88 soon to be replaced with a Roland RD700sx.

Question: I play mostly blues and boogie-woogie piano, and want to configure the Roland so that I can play piano with both hands, and somehow make the unit play a triad or seventh chord in tonewheel organ mode, and control that function (making the three I-IV-V chords as needed) via a pedal assortment.

Can the Roland be made to do that?

If not, could a Casio 3000 or 3500 that has a nice tonewheel be used is that fashion? The Casio would also be controlled via pedals, to make the chord changes as I play the piano on the Roland.

It seems that this should be possible, but I am not very savvy about such things. Any help, such as how to make it work, and what pedals could be used, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Paul.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, the Casio will do that. Actually you've got a bunch of ways to achieve that goal on the Casio. Theyve got a few different modes for chord patterns. "Casio chord" has you play the root and then a number of keys above to form different forms of the chord (i.e. C key= CEG, C+D= Cm, C+D+E= C7, C+D+E+F= Cm7, etc.). "Fingered" mode has you form the chord but the chord is all it plays, no melody or anything. Or theres just normal mode. 1 thing is that you'll have to set the "Accompaniment mixer" to all organ settings or else you'll have guitars, pianos, ep's and etc. But midi-ing a bass pedal board would get you what I think you're asking for. Plus, it has a sequencer so you could create a midi for the song and have it play along.

Mike

"Get out of the road, if you want to grow old."

Archived