Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Which synth for gorgeous pads?

popstar

If you want hardware - you have many choices of synths that are being sold new still: Virus, Nordleads, Supernova,Ion... They all will work.

The real terminator in pad sounds is easily Atmosphere - its probably has 500+ pad patches (plus the fact you can run 2 patches at once) - its a real powerhouse.

Live 6, Battery 3, Project 5, Atmosphere, Albino 2, Minimoog V, Oddity, Nord 2X, Proteus 2K

***I can't play for sh*t, but I can sequence like a muthaf*ck*r***

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

synthetic:

Nice sound. Kinda, sorta, maybe, sounds a little like my old Oberheims, but not really. ;)

Yep, must be an Andy.

Cheers,

Mike T

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

What he said:

Originally posted by b3kys:

Spectrasconics Atmosphere offers the most bang for the buck in my opinion. They sampled many of the synthesizers mentioned above so you get them all in one synth.

http://www.spectrasonics.net/instruments/atmos_gear.html

I hope this helps.

What he said:
Originally posted by Monkey Mouse:

The real terminator in pad sounds is easily Atmosphere - its probably has 500+ pad patches (plus the fact you can run 2 patches at once) - its a real powerhouse.

And what he said:
Originally posted by burningbusch:

Sting (rather Kipper) uses Atmosphere. If you're using a DAW then sticking with a software solution has its advantages. If you really need a hardware synth, well that's something else.

Atmosphere has tons of great pads and other sounds. It's easy to program/tweak. Some of the stuff is basic but there are a lot of complex sounds as well, the kind that would take several expertly programmed hardware synths to pull off.

Busch.

:thu:

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

Archived