Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Motif Questions

smk

Does anyone do trance-style music on the Motif? How about Hip Hop? Or is the Extreme the board to get for these types of music? Also, has the single arpeggiator ever a limitation for you on the Motif ES?

Thanks!

--------------------

Scott

"You only live once..."

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not recording that type of music but I do notice there are a fair bit of patches geared toward dance, house and hip-hop. Best way is to rent them out and play around with them or better yet find some musician friends that have them and play with them for Free!

I like the yamaha sounds over korg but that's just me.

Step out of the box and grow!

The Motif Rack has the arpegiator??? cool. I knew the ES did, this is good to know.

The triton Rack doesn't have the arpegiator correct??

The triton Rack is also missing many of the sounds from the extreme. You need to add a few of the expansion cards for thos sounds.

If you have the Motif ES, check out the .wav files on one of the CD's (sorry, I don't have access to them right now or I would point you to the correct CD..)

It is fun to pull those clips into a DAW and make some pretty cool sounding Trance...

If you have additional RAM in the Motif ES, you can load similar samples (also provided) into your keyboard and trigger them this way...

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Archived