Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: New Afghanistan Pipeline deal - I want an SUV!

Here's the link: http://www.paknews.com/top.php?id=1&date1=2002-12-28 This was a VP Cheney pet project - I'm sure glad Al-Quaida suspects were hiding in this area long enough for us to bomb the shit out of it in our search for "terrists". I wonder what happened to them? Maybe they will give up being a "terrist" for being a gas-station attendant. I wonder if we should blow the living shit out of Iraq and put a pipeline in there also? Man, I've got to get a Hummer, or a Ford Pachaderm, or a Chevy Subhuman! Gasoline Rocks!
Woof!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why did Afghanistan's Taliban suddenly go from receiving significant aid (e.g., $43 million in May "01) to becoming a global pariah? When this pipeline deal ran into stumbling blocks toward the summer, U.S. officials reportedly threatened the Taliban with war. 9/11 provided the perfect excuse to wipe them out and usher in a pro-U.S. regime. Now the U.S.'s ultimate goal has been achieved.
SILLY WABBIT

[quote]Originally posted by Sal Ivory: [b]Quick quiz: which areas of the world are rich with oil and not controlled by western interests?[/b][/quote]Norway? /Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

Oil is a major reason why Iraq will get invaded and N. Korea won't. I don't know if any of you noticed, but a day or so ago The Secretary of State said that after the war with Iraq, oil will be sold from the US military controlled Iraqi oil fields to "pay for reconstruction" of the country. In a practical sense, posessing nukes protects a country from international pressure and war. Also, Iraq doesn't have nukes and N. Korea does, so there can be more nasty consequences with war on the Korean peninsula.

This is the kind of thing my conservative friends just don't get. When you have oil men running the white house, how can you blame people for being suspicious of their motives where oil is involved? When the fox is guarding the hen house, you would think that he would at least pretend to be conciliatory. Instead we get arrogance and indifference. This is why the rest of the world looks at us the way that they do.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

[quote]Originally posted by Jotown: [b]This is the kind of thing my conservative friends just don't get. When you have oil men running the white house, how can you blame people for being suspicious of their motives where oil is involved?[/b][/quote]I'm in the same boat - I have ranting lunatic friends who still bitch about Clinton's dick or Hillary's evil plans when I try to talk about the fact our gov't. kills people for oil profits, without even bringing up the Bu$hes or Cheney's oil and blood soaked past. One "dittohead" went on to start telling me shit about "God on our side" which about sent me throuh the roof - Absolutely no aknowledgement of the fact that other innocent people are paying for "our way of life" with their lives.
Woof!

Archived