Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gear Spotting (what are the "pro's" playing?)

daBowsa

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by yannis D:

If i'm not mistaken, James Poyser is a keyboard player and producer for several hip hop artists. The guy plays for Erykah Badu, D'Angelo, Laureen Hill, Roy Hargrove ("RH Factor") and others. He's from Philadelphia and as far as i know, he's quite known there (has played with The Roots too). Nice sounds, good taste in music. There are some hints in Yahoo

Regards

Yannis

I can't think of a more original sounding keyboardist right now. I mean he uses wah's and effects like everybody else, but HIS wah's/effects are other worldly to say the least. I'm imagining a combination of wah/moogerfooger/something else? Would love to know this cats secrets!
TROLL . . . ish.

Sorry meccajay, that's business secrets i would like to know for myself too :D But if you're into wah effects with an real analogue feel (moogerfoogers and the rest), check Medeski's rig, he's king on that particular sound/aesthetics
Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

You have to remember that top players play gear that is free and not their 1st choice. I know quite a few that would rather play something other than what they have on stage but what they are on stage with is free and many get paid to have that NAME on stage.

The real test is what they are playing at home or in the studio.

For Eric,

"The last big opener I did was with Little Feat late last summer. Billy Payne was carrying a smaller gig than a previous tour on which my group had opened. He had a Korg SGproX piano and a Triton Pro and that was all (possibly a rack). No Hammond or Leslie."

Who do you play with and what show? Good chance we met

Peace

Archived