Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ensoniq ESQ1 Keyboard Cartridge

Spankyw2

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am looking for the cartridge that you plug into the top of the ESQ1. I am a drummer but I got this for rehearsals at my house. Just ordered a battery.

And I am told before I solder it in, to back up everthing or lose it. I have to learn how to do that.

Lewis Williams

Lewis,

Is there any way that you can save those programs via sysx to Cakewalk or another program of this type? I can't remember, but surely you should be able to do this with the ESQ1. Hell, even my ancient DX7 allowed this.

It would be cheaper! And if you're really a drummer, then cheaper = better, right? :P

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Lewis:

Here is the page in the manual that tells you how to dump the ESQ1's memory to another ESQ1.

On the link that you provided in your post above, at the bottom of the page is a link to a librarian program. Download and run this program & send your data to it via MIDI for safe storage.

Or, find a cartridge and spend the bucks to save the data there. ;)

LOOK HERE ...PAGE 84.

Good luck,

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Thanks man, but I still would need a cartridge anyway right ? I have Cakewalk loaded on one of my computers. But I am going to check out what you told me. I have a Roland Ready Fender Stratocaster as well, I wonder if this can be pluged in to the ESQ1 ? I am trying to build me a little studio in my basement. I also have a KAWAI FS650 which I want to put on the top of a double keyboard rack and the ESQ1 below. Sent for the battery lastnight,it was only $5.25 and $5.00 for shipping. The only thing I have to do now is get 3 amps and a bass.
Lewis Williams

Archived