Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Korg OASYS thread where I play devil's advocate

TrancedelicBlues

I mean, damn. I wish I could put an exclamation mark after the word damn, but ever since my goofball cat knocked my computer keyboard off my desk, the top row of keys doesn't work. I also wish I could put the previous sentence in parentheses but, well, thanks to my stupid cat I can't. :mad:

But anyway--DAMN. That is really a beautiful keyboard. And I have no doubt that the build quality is absolutely first rate.

Some of the expense of the thing, surely, must have gone into the design? I am not so churlish that I can't simply stop and admire the thing for its sheer beauty.

There's a regular light show going on there. On reflection, it would be small-minded of me to begrudge potential OASYS owners their enjoyment of that interface. If I had one I know I would get a kick out of it. Really.

Are there really four little blue lights just around the joystick alone? :eek: The LE version won't have those, and it may not have the fold-out color touch screen either, or all the little red lights under the buttons...

Look, guys, it's not just about computing power, although this keyboard is massively powerful by 2005 standards... It's about bells and whistles too. And there's a place for bells and whistles sometimes.

I just think it would be fun to have this thing. Yes you could put together a system that does what it does for less than half the price... and sound-wise, it'll get you from point a to point b as well as the OASYS, or better...

Like a souped-up muscle car that you build yourself, it may be faster than a new cadillac, but... you know, somehow it won't be as boss :D

The new Korg OASYS has a lot of things in one place that would be very cool to have, plus it's just a killer piece of art.

There will likely be cheaper versions that don't skimp on sound or power... but this thing is gonna be a collector's item.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with everything you said and would like to own an OASYS for many of the same reasons. It looks like a really, really deep instrument that could keep one busy and satisfied for years.

I started a thread a few weeks or months ago about "Knobs vs. Sliders." I like to have both and the OASYS certainly provides a plethora of both. The interface seems very cool.

Regards,

Eric

Yeah, I gotta admit, it's gorgeous and I want to try one before I completely dismiss it. But as cool as the lights and interface are, why do we still drool over this?

http://home.comcast.net/~sopurr/buchla4-tb.jpg

;)

k.

I'm going to go ahead and dismiss it. The only way I could think about owning one, would be if the wife and my lawyer left me enough after the divorce.

So, since I can't afford it, it's overpriced, and a joke. A damn good looking joke, with everything I could possible want. but an overpriced joke all the same.

Archived