Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Synthogy's IVORY

deranged

That could be your faster processor, though actually I remember now, that at the time I was running AudioDesk files from my external HD using OS9.2 with firewire, and not OSX. I'll try it again with Panther and DP files, and if that doesn't work I can do what FISHEYE kindly suggested.

p.s. DB, that sounds like a pretty sturdy limb you've gone out on saying that IVORY "...is by far the best recreation of an acoustic piano that I have heard to date." So, you sold me with that one. Though I understand each ear has different tastes, etc. Besides, the return policy gives me 30 days to play. Cheers.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by deranged:

Besides, the return policy gives me 30 days to play. Cheers.

You have a return policy on software? That's great. My experiences are that software can't be returned (which is frustrating).

Originally posted by deranged:

DB, that sounds like a pretty sturdy limb you've gone out on saying that IVORY "...is by far the best recreation of an acoustic piano that I have heard to date."

Hey man - at an average of 10GB per instrument, it had better be... ;)

In all seriousness - I believe that the main reason that Ivory is so good is because of Joe Ierardi. Joe is a brilliant sound designer. He is one of the original Kurzweil sound design guys (you can hear his work in the K250, K1000, K2000, PC88, etc), and has always done pretty amazing work with piano samples.

Knowing he was behind it was one of the main reasons I bought it in the first place. :thu:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Guitar Center has a great return policy. When I bought SampleTank2 from them they told me that I had thirty days to test out the product. Because the program has to be reloaded back onto the CD so you can't just load the software onto your computer and return the box. Nice to have the option though.

DB, I guess 10GB speaks for itself. Nuff said.

Archived