Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Does anybody remember the Roland JW50?

TrancedelicBlues

Man, as an armchair MI watcher and long-time synth enthusiast, I thought I was pretty much up on all the models that have come out from Korg, Roland,Yamaha, Kurzweil, Kawai, Ensoniq, E-mu, Peavey, and William in the last ten years, but I don't remember this thing at all. Has anybody ever had one of these? What can you tell me about it??? :confused:

The price is certainly right!!! It looks a little like a JD800, but something tells me it may be more akin to an XP10 on steroids... When did it come out, anyway?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi...from what I recall this unit came out early 90's. I played one for a few weeks after it had been donated to our church. Overall thin, lame sounds--nothing here to write home about. I would have expected more from Roland after playing many of their other synths and workstations.
When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Originally posted by TrancedelicBlues:

I thought I was pretty much up on all the models that have come out from Korg, Roland,Yamaha, Kurzweil, Kawai, Ensoniq, E-mu, Peavey, and William in the last ten years

What's a William?
"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

Originally posted by gangsu:

Originally posted by TrancedelicBlues:

I thought I was pretty much up on all the models that have come out from Korg, Roland,Yamaha, Kurzweil, Kawai, Ensoniq, E-mu, Peavey, and William in the last ten years

What's a William?
ROFL!! :D

I dunno :confused:

Ask the guy who started

this thread ;)

Originally posted by gangsu:

haha. There should be a William. Hey, what kind of keyboard you got there? What, this? This here's a William!

kind of like how I feel talking about GEM. :D

What's a GEM??? :confused:

:(

HaHaha!! Got you!!

:) I know what gem is all about ;)

//Originally posted by Sven Golly:

One day, Google will become required knowledge for anyone that opens a web browser...//

:rolleyes:

I was already familiar with Harmony Central and Sonic State, Mr. Superiority... you Asshat... :mad:

:rolleyes:

And I had already gathered that there was not a lot of love for the JW50 on those websites...

But I was seeking to ask these people what they thought about it... :mad: Is that okay with you, loser nerd boy? :mad:

special thanks to Marino and Gangsu for talking to me... :thu::)

You too, synthoid... :thu:

Archived