Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Alesis Ion vs. Micron

Calumet

I've seen discussions about the possibility of there eventually being a commercial patch editor for the Micron. However, there is a Librarian/Patch Editor for the Ion and Micron that was written by a user on the Yahoo Groups forum.

See this Post, for example.

You can go to the files section of the Yahoo Group and download it from there. I don't know how well it works, but I believe that at least lets you edit patches from a computer interface rather than having to scroll through all of the menus.

--Mark

"I don't know anything about music. In my line, you don't have to."

-Elvis Presley (1935-1977)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I own an Ion, not a Micron, but,....

Originally posted by Wooden:

Is the delay midi syncable? The rest of the effects?

Not entirely sure, but download the manual and check it. I believe the answer is "yes," at least to the delay (not all efx may be syncable). Off the top of my head, though, I just can't recall.

I read, in HC i think that the micron does not have envelope for the amp... that is not tru right?

Not true.

So we all wish it have more knobs and sliders... but the programming isnt impossible neither right?

Right.

Originally posted by Red Winger:

I've seen discussions about the possibility of there eventually being a commercial patch editor for the Micron. However, there is a Librarian/Patch Editor for the Ion and Micron that was written by a user on the Yahoo Groups forum.

See this Post, for example.

You can go to the files section of the Yahoo Group and download it from there. I don't know how well it works, but I believe that at least lets you edit patches from a computer interface rather than having to scroll through all of the menus.

--Mark

Excellent Thanks.

And I will do a question I am ashamed to do. I have used a lot of VA an 2 real analogs, so i dont really know. I havent gone out of my computer to makle music :D so how do you transmit sysex files or patches? :confused: do you run some sequence in any sequencer? thanks.

And I will do a question I am ashamed to do. I have used a lot of VA an 2 real analogs, so i dont really know. I havent gone out of my computer to makle music :D so how do you transmit sysex files or patches? :confused: do you run some sequence in any sequencer? thanks.

If you're on PC, you can use MIDI-OX (www.midiox.com) or SendSysex (www.bome.com). On my Mac, I use Sysex Librarian ( Link Here ).

--Mark

The patterns can be triggered like in DrRex?. I understood that by checking the manial.

I still cant understand why they put extra features in the micron... doesn it have the same dsp power? maybe to compensate the lack of control? so why dont put it in the ion too.

Archived