Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Software Samplers?? Which one best for Emu Catalog?

Dennis_dup2

I have a fairly large ESI library and looking to graduate from my ESI2000/ESI32 to a software synth.

What are my options out there?

I run Nuendo 1.6 as my DAW, so which one works with it as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dennis

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would think that EmulatorX would be the obvious answer, but strange as it may seem I have to use Chicken Systems Translator to get my Emu sample CD collection to work in EmulatorX. I first convert everyting into Giga sample format because every sampler I have will read those files. Both EmulatorX and Kontakt do a decent job with some tweaking.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Not to hijack the thread, but...

Overall, how do you like the EX. I'm considering it, but know of no one talking about it. It seems really cool, and I ironically have the Keyboard issue that reviews it in front of me, plus I've read other magazine's reviews. Thanks in advance for the response!

Peace

If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed!

CDXtract and then Kontakt.

Emulator X is only interesting if you have done some serious programming editing in EOS samplers , using its advanced matrix mod etc, those are read 100% by Emulator X (altough dont sound the same , or as good).

for everything else, get a translation progrma like Chicken or CDXtract and Kontakt is fine (and affordable).

http://www.babic.com - music for film/theatre, audio-post

Archived