Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

M-Audio 61es ? from a non-keyboardist.

pdlstl

I saw the following post in another thread and want to ask a question regarding the 61es.

First the original post:

"I played the 61es at the Apple Store today. I liked the action. Much more resistance than the ubiqitous, cheap, unweighted controllers. Standard piano-style keys (waterfall with a lip, if you will). Felt excellent for playing clavs, rhodes and even hammond sounds . Still a very quick keyboard. $199 retail."

Now my question(s):

I'm doing a recording project with my church and have purchased a little Yamaha P60 for the our pianist to play and also an M-Audio 61es with the hopes of letting the organist use it to record MIDI data which I will then run through something like Native's B4.

Is there a "volume" type pedal that will plug into the 61es so the organist can use it for swells, quiet passages etc.?

If not, how can I/we accomplish this?

Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 61es has no volume pedal jack, but does have a volume slider on the front left panel. You could get a MIDI pedalboard from Digitech or Behringer that would do the job, but I personally have no firsthand experience with any of them so I can't give you any recommendations.

The M-Audio Pro-88 does have a volume jack and sliders that you can program to mimic Hammond drawbars. See the post on the 88es for info that the Pro-88 keyboard problems may be solved with the next batch...you would have to play one in person to find out for sure.

As stated above, the 61es doesn't have a volume pedal input, only sustain, but the volume slider works pretty well. I have not yet got my Behringer FCB1010 to work to control volume on my modules. But in that kind of senario you need a midi merger (like Midi Solutions Midi merger units) from the Behringer on one midi input and the 61es on the other, feeding to your midi in on your modules.

Brian.

Hammond T-582A, Casio WK6600, Behringer D

Archived