Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

AES San Fran?

Dave Bryce

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
Originally posted by Geosync:

I'll be there. Not sure if I can do dinner but would love to see you. I'll be lending a hand in the Steinberg booth

You might wanna check the date on the post right before yours, brother Geo... :idea:;)

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

I was wondering how I missed this thread in under 24 hours since my last login, until I saw that someone had revived the one from the 2004 SF-based AES :-).

I'll be at the one this year (not allowed to go if it's out of town due to expenses), but haven't finished looking over the tutorials/workshops/papers/etc. to thoroughly plan my itinerary yet. I will also be at my company's booth now and then, but not in any sort of official role.

In order to prevent searches from directly linking statements I have made about competitors to my company (and potential lawsuits), I do not directly mention my employer's name in my posts. I'll throw a hint: we have the same name as a famous microphone manufacturer in Germany :-).

For the prior references to The Stinking Rose, I highly recommend their garlic icce cream (though I haven't eaten there in over 14 years). It sounds repulsive but tastes delicious. Same concept as steamed garlic: the preparation removes the pungency but retains the flavour. Very smooth on the throat. A nice surprise when I tried it.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I'd love to be there, but I'm accepting an award for Hammond organ company @ 5:30 - what time are we talking about here?

Oh yeah, and I won't have a car. Anyone want to give me their jumpseat? If it's not halfway to LA, I'll take a cab...

ivorycj

Main stuff: Yamaha CP88 | Korg Kronos 2 73 | Kurzweil Forte 7 | 1898 Steinway I

Oh, I guess I posted a couple times on page one...

Anyway,

What day? ...what time?? ...where???

I have a thing one of the nights... I think. Maybe two... or, none.

Now I'm confused.

If it is at all possible for me to be there, I promise I'll be there.

Probably.

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Originally posted by Geosync:

I'll be there. Not sure if I can do dinner but would love to see you. I'll be lending a hand in the Steinberg booth

You might wanna check the date on the post right before yours, brother Geo... :idea:;)

dB

In other words, this thread is about AES San Fran 2004, NOT this year's show.

I'm starting a new thread, and hopefully this one will slip back into the archives where it belongs.

Here it is:

AES San Francisco 2006 Who Wants To Make Plans?

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Archived