Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Florida Hurricane

Roland Genske

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks....

Here in Altamonte Springs, just north of Orlando, Hurricane Jeanne wasn't as bad for us as Charlie or Francis. However, Lake Wales and Kissimmee, just south of the city, took a pounding for the third time. Lots of people affected by floods, and loss of power. What are the odds of that - the eye of three hurricanes hitting the same areas in a month and a half?

Tom F.

"It is what it is."

Originally posted by Roland Genske:

Dear Forum Mates from Florida,

watching the news about the terrible hurricane currently hitting Florida, I think of you, hoping you are all well.

Roland

:) Thanks, friend! :)

If things get any worse, I may start to think about moving :eek:

What's the weather like in Germany these days??? :confused:

I live just outside of Stuart which was Ground Zero for both Frances (104mph winds) and Jeanne (126mph winds).

Lots of fun in a gun-against-your-head kind of way... We lucked out and had almost no damage. Power was back on in a little over 24hrs. But 80% of the county is without power and I went past a 2-mile long line of cars waiting for ice and water handouts today.

I *am* getting severly tired of tearing down and putting back up my studio...

Still beats the hell out of weeks of -30degree temps and 60mph winds I used to put up with in Ohio winters.

Here in St. Petersburg, I had NO damage from Bonnie, Charley, Ivan, or Jeanne. Jeanne took down my power from 11:30AM Sunday to 2PM today. (Football? Huh?)

Luckily, my in-laws just a few miles north did not lose power, and were on vacation, so we moved in there till today.

I'm very pleased and lucky that my only result from this ordeal is a sound home, a safe family, and $500 worth of runied food in two fridges. Oh, and a new understanding of the concept of "hurricane-related stress". That was hell. I'll take it though. I was truly blessed.

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

Archived