Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ebay selling

Ok, I'm trying to sell something on eBay, but it says I need to enter my checking account # so I can create a seller's account. The thing is, I already entered my credit card #, and checked the box asking them to charge seller fees to the cc. But, they say I still need to enter my checking account # so I can start selling. Is there a way to avoid this, or do I have to enter the checking account number?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is a different way to set up an ebay account. You have to give them your driver's license # and SS#. I used this because I didn't have a credit card or checking account at the time. To pay bills, I just print out an invoice and send a check to ebay. To pay or get payed for a transaction I deal directly with the other person. You might have to re register, depending on how far along you got during the process. Hope this all helps.

I would question providing too much personal information when establishing online payment accounts. Ebay had some problems a while back where some outside sources had hacked their site and created mock sites mirroring theirs. They sent out messages to persons retrieved from eBay's database asking them to update their accounts while providing links to click on to provide such information; they were asking for tons of personal information. Be very wary of what you are doing, and if something is not setting well with you, access eBay's official site and run a query on their terms of service. Don't hesitate to utilize their provided contact information to question procedures that are not normal. They may be experiencing another wave of attacks. Peace. Report any discrepancy to online fraud officials.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Archived