Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Miking P250 Speakers

RL

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The first question I would ask is ... why? Why not take the outputs and go direct? What is it you want to accomplish? Do you want to record your P250?

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Hi Dave,I find that going direct gives me a terrible sound output and I haven't yet come across a speaker with the fidelity of the onboard speakers.So I'm attempting the miking route.

I agree with Dave here. I have a P250 too and it has OK speakers as far as onboard speakers go but they're nothing I'd want to mike. By the the time you've gone through the mike and the PA system they'll be sounding pretty shitty. At home I take the output direct to my stereo and play it through a pair of Advent speakers and it sounds terrific. There are lots of keyboard powered speakers that will give you better sound than a miked P250.
"Playing the piano is my greatest joy, next to my wife; it is my most absorbing interest, next to my work." ...Charles Cooke

Originally posted by RL:

Hi Dave,I find that going direct gives me a terrible sound output and I haven't yet come across a speaker with the fidelity of the onboard speakers.So I'm attempting the miking route.

You can't possibly be doing it right. The direct out should sound way better than the speakers, because the board was built with the direct out in mind as the primary output. Micing the speakers is like pushing a bicycle instead of riding it.

Bartolomeo.

Originally posted by RL:

At this moment, I have my P250 directly going to my Mackie mixer. If I want to record or go to ... well, anything, I'll use the mixer outputs and go from there.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Archived