Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Chick Corea NEW ALBUM comes out on AUG 24th. You have got to listen to this

NYKeys

GREGC

I read your prior post and a I see we like a lot of the same tunes

Is it me or did they kind of only let John Patitucci really shine on Check Blast.

I just listened to it again through my studio monitors and this is a hot track too. With this album you have to listen to it about 5 times before you can really appreciate Chicks stuff.

You will definitely want to listen to this in a studio setting to get the real feel for what is going on and to hear everything.

MY Toys - Kurzweil PC1X, Roland A-90, Yamaha KX88, Yamaha CS1x, Novation 49SL MkII, Presonus Studiolive 16.4.2, JBL PRX615M

My Music Page

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Stephen LeBlanc:

(edit) From the bits I heard of the record, the playing was amazing but the compositions weren't holding my interest. It's something I want to check out but I'm not too excited at this point.

I just bought the CD and I must say that after listening to it, I feel exactly as Stephen does. The first song I thought was really great, but I lost interest the rest of the way through. I liked hearing Gayle Moran's voice again though, and the Minimoog bits (was that a Mini?) were nice.

Actually, I hate to say this, but I found the short interludes between the main tracks more interesting than the "real" songs. It could be that my tastes have changed, but I still dig Romantic Warrior and other Chick solo material (and the first two Elektric Band releases are phenomenal).

Archived