Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Studiologic problems 990 XP

GrahamG

Hi

Bought Studiologic 990 xp, great action. Plugged into my Yamaha module, used for couple monyths in studio, no problem.

I unplugged to put into a new Kurzweil sound module and has never produced a sound since.

When I plug back into Yamaha, yamaha says host offline. When in Kurzweil which plays fine with anything else, nothing.

So wanted a factory reset but manual doesn't dsay how. This one has 5 buttons on top. Dealer no use. Phoned UK dealer and he said try same fix for 161 but not same buttons. Then said press all 5 and turn on - nothing.

After 3 weeks I have a dead keyboard. UK dealer can't get answer from Fatar and now read threads about how poor afterservice is, I can vouch for this. Noted someone else had an issue between a diff studiologic and Kurzweil module.

Any advice welcome! Tried a new cable as well. A 4th cable actually lights up the studiologic on led even when studiologic is turned off?

Thanks for any advice. G

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It might be worthless for the SL-990pro, but the SL-880 manual states:

"Power up the keyboard while holding down all three UP-DOWN-ENTER buttons, hold for a few seconds then release all three buttons"

I've had some problems with my SL-880pro and SL-61 also. Sometimes they don't respond to anything after powering up. Reseting a few times usually did the trick.

Also, they send out all the stored settings when leaving the edit-mode and also sometimes when it is not expected. So check the Kurzweil if some volume or mute setting didn't change after connecting the masterkeyboard, since a SL keyboard can sometimes send out strange things.

I had my SL-880pro repaired (when still under guarantee), which did take a long time, and sold it immediately afterwards because I didn't trust the thing at all (having the same kind of problems with my SL-61). Bought a used P80 instead; happy ever since.

Fatar/Studiologic seems to be very bad in electronics. Only their keybeds can be trusted.

However, my old Fatar Studio 900 just keeps going and going!

Good luck with your SL990, I hope it can be fixed. :)

Archived