Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Christmas food thread.

Just a postscript on the Heller diet. Their method includes a self-test which is supposed to give an indication of carbohydrate addiction. One thing they tell people is that, since we all are different in genetic makeup, it would be unwise to launch yourself into a diet that does not fit your metabolism. The example they give is if one of them were to stand before an audience with a single pair of eyeglasses and say "These will correct all of your vision problems.", you would think they were nuts. There is no one diet or regimen which is the magic bullet. I'm glad the Adkins plan is getting some validation in the scientific community, because when I started the Heller diet, it was really wierd - my hunger just went away. As diabetics know, insulin is incredibly powerful, and the modern food industry packs carbs in unlikely places. Sugar is apparently so addictive that some companies may add it to insure repeat customers. A lot of "low fat" items have added suger to increase palatability. Just go to a Seven Eleven and look at the food labels. Beef jerky and hot sausages are about it for low carb foods. But the one constant that will help is exercise, especially early in the day before you've eaten. Your body is in a ready-to-burn reserves state, and fat is that reserve. It's also a great jump start for the day. As for the holidays, enjoy the feast as best you can. I'd love to break bread with so many of you. I just couldn't eat it at every meal. "All you need is love." and maybe something from the oven. Salut Henry

He not busy being born

Is busy dyin'.

...Bob Dylan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived