Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

easy notation?

Yahoo

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jeebus:

Zeronyne developed a wonderfully simple and effective notation. Hopefully he'll visit this thread and show it to you. :)

Heh, you mean THIS THREAD?

Seriously, guitar tab is popular because there are so many places one can play the same note on a guitar. On a keyboard, the keyboard itself IS the tab. The only way it could be easier (in the short term) is to use one of those paper templates that show you the note names right above each key. But things like that will cripple you in the long run.

It's not hard to memorize both clefs, and the lifetime benefit is immeasurable.

"For instance" is not proof.

Learn to read conventional notation and you'll thank us for it later. There are only five lines (and four spaces) in the treble clef and five lines (and four spaces) in the bass clef.

(If you were to create a sixth line above the bass clef, the treble clef would merely be a continuation and you would have one, really big clef to read from. People used to read 11 lines a long time ago and the process has been a bit simplified just for you. Don't give up, it's really not that difficult - you've got the alphabet memorized and that's 26 letters, right? This is just a handful of lines and spaces. It gets easier, trust me.)

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

What is that image with the hands and all the numbers about? I read a few follow-up but didn't understand what was so funny. Is it just the fact that having the keys as #s would be so hard to follow??

Anyway, maybe I will learn a little bit of keyboard notation to be able to get chords and things right from songs I want to learn. Basic guitar notation was quite easy to learn and I was quite the sax player with note letters written in on the sheet music in 5th grade.

I was hoping for some web page that I could pump sheet music into and get easy-to-play graphics from :freak:

Thank you

Originally posted by galiwaves:

I was hoping for some web page that I could pump sheet music into and get easy-to-play graphics from :freak:

Thank you

The thing is, with a little practice your brain will become exactly this tool. And it works even when your DSL goes down. ;)

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

Archived