Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Spam: Sonic Synth group buy

Magpel

I Post this out of bald self-interest. If db or any of my esteemed KC compatriots seriously find this inappropriate, I will gladly delete it rather than jeopardize my "good standing" in the community.

Sonic Reality has organized a group buy of their soon-to-be-replaced Sonic Synth 1 over at KvR.

Here\'s the Link to all the informations

I'm in on this group buy. The price is currently at $139 for 7 CDs. If 30 or so more people join by July 31st, it would drop to $109. I would like to see that happen. That's why the spam.

Regarding Sonic Synth, a big soft ROMpler, I can't say much about its quality because I haven't used it. Rabid and Progfusion, among others, are KC regulars who use it. Squids, the creator, posts here occasionally as well.

My turn as spam peddler is over.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for posting this, Magpel. I was planning on posting it myself, but never got around to it. I'd like to get into this myself. July 31 is sneaking up on me, so I'd better go ahead and jump in, if I'm going to. From what I've heard from other folks and the demo mp3 files on their web site, the quality of the sounds is very high. I'm running RTAS on the PC, so I should be good to go.

Best,

r33k

Originally posted by zeronyne:

Does Sonic Synth NOT support AU?

Zeronyne, I think SampleTank II supports AU, and that's the engine that comes with this Sonic Synth bundle, but check the IK site to make sure.

We made it to $109!

Actually, Squids declared that 109 had been reached when the group count got the 192, assuming that at least 8 more would sign up before the weekend.

The next level is 300 buyers, at which point the price drops to $89 and an extra library is thrown

into the deal. Unlikely, it would seem, but one can dream...

Any observations from current Sonic Synth users?

Well since you mentioned me. I know Rabid prefers using Sonic Station with Kontakt, but Sonic Synth is still my workhorse, especially with the ST2 engine, which allows me to do more layering and tweaking. At that price its a bargain!!!! It's my main source for Piano's and EP's and some of the ethnic instruments and basses are killer. The synths, of course, are fabulous, and even with the z3ta+'s and Reaktor Session's in my VST rack, I will often open us Sonic Synth for a good old Arp sound

Most of my stuff (however crummy it might be) has some Sonic Synth in it, e.g. all the Synths in "Breaking Walk" and the lead and some other stuff in "Dream Every Atomic Breath". The intro of "Desolate Planet" is all Sonic Synth as well

Link to music

prog

Thanks, Prog. For some reason, I couldn't play the music files on your site--media player tells me that the playlist is empty, whatever that means. I tried to right click on the song title to see if I could "Save target as" but that didn't work either. I'd really like to hear your stuff.

To clarify, the Sonic Station that Rabid uses is also a Sonic Reality product. Whether it's built from the same basic samples as Sonic Synth I do not know. I would guess that it as, at least partially.

Well, I jumped in! The price was listed as $109, verifying what Magpel said above. It's probably not realistic to think they'll get enough people to get to the next price drop, but I'm not complaining. At this price it is a VERY fair deal. I'm looking forward to getting my sounds!

Thanks again for the reminder post!

r33k

Originally posted by progfusion74:

... I know Rabid prefers using Sonic Station with Kontakt, ...

Yes, and I am thinking about taking a week long vacation to learn Emulator X, then it will be my main host for SonicStation. :D

The SonicSynth bundle is a great buy and I am a bit jealous because new buyers are getting it with a light version of ST2. I have found that I use SonicStation and SonicRefill more than SonicSynth, but that is just me and my setup. That also may change a bit in the future. Right now SonicRefill is used as my primary ROMpler on the laptop as I Rewire Reason to Sonar. After clearing a bunch of space off of that laptop I am planning to install SonicSynth to be my low CPU ROMpler. That will give me access to OmniSynth and the expansion packs that I have for SonicSynth. I think I have everything but the drum pack.

It really does make a decent lap top solution. The sound is better than most hardware ROMplers. It is not one of the maga-Gig pad only collections that is useless on a laptop. The string expansion can get me a bit closer to my Golden Triangle that I use on the desktop. Lately I have been using three and only three sound sources to begin each song; Tera 2, GPOrchestra, and Kontakt/SonicStation. It has cut down distractions and given me a much better work flow. I want to do the same thing on the laptop. I dont have an extra license or the space to install GPO on my laptop, nor Kontakt because those are installed on two desktops. So Im looking at Tera 2 and SonicSynth with the strings expansion to cover my laptop needs.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Funny you should mention GPO, Robert. That was the other package I was considering as a new sound source, but this time around I've opted for this crazy group buy instead. I think I realized that with a QS 8, a Korg NS5r, and a severely undernourished Gigasampler 64 rig, I was in need of a global ROMpler refresh. I like the expandability of the ST platform, I like the upgrade paths (Sonik Synth 2 looks mean!), and mostly I like the price. Make that love the price.

Will report soon on how I like the actual sounds...

Originally posted by Squids:

Ummm. Hmmm.

Hmmmmmmm.

Hmmm.

Wow. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Bryce?

:D

See, there's Dave being respectful of the forum policy on sales stuff. You rock, dude... :thu:

From what I gather, most of the info on this is over on KvR ; however, if anyone had any sepcific questions for Dave, I'm guessing he'd be glad to answer them.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Sure he would. Be glad to. If you don't want to read all 34 pages of the KVR thread and just want a summary of this thing that is over in 2 days feel free to ask. Otherwise, most of the info IS in that monster thread on KVR.

One thing I will say at least is that Sonic Synth 1 is being discontinued and it has sounds that will never be available again. Sonik Synth 2 is almost a completely different animal. But, Sonic Synth 1 was very popular and now it's... well, just go to KVR in the market forum and you'll see.

Thanks DB!

Sonik Synth 2 FREE version for Keyboard mag readers still coming and I've added more sounds to it for the long wait.

Also, I saw Rush tonight and it was really disappointing... but that could be its own thread. If anyone wants to discuss how great Rush was around the time of Moving Pictures and Signals compared to now... even though I suppose one is lucky to hear them playing at all still.

Ok. Bye!

Oh, man, we're at 247 with a little over a day to go. You just know we're going to get close enough to 300 to make it upsetting when we come up short. :freak: At 300, the price drops 20 bucks and they throw in another library.

Well, I'm glad the venerable KC was able to help out a bit. If you're still thinking about it, act now!...or don't.

SQUIDS, QUESTION:

OK, so I saw that there's a link to buy it, plus instructions to email you guys. Should I go to the link and buy and do so before end of today? OR do I need to send you an email as instructed first?

Original Latin Jazz

CD Baby

"I am not certain how original my contribution to music is as I am obviously an amateur." Patti Smith

Originally posted by geekgurl:

SQUIDS, QUESTION:

OK, so I saw that there's a link to buy it, plus instructions to email you guys. Should I go to the link and buy and do so before end of today? OR do I need to send you an email as instructed first?

I think you can just buy it. It's at 109...and to get it lower, another 70 people would have to go in on it today...which is unlikely.

"For instance" is not proof.

Originally posted by geekgurl:

SQUIDS, QUESTION:

You don't have to send the email. If you go to this link: http://www.esoundz.com/details/viewDetails.php?ProductID=217&referrer=bundles and order it your order counts in the group buy numbers (up until tomorrow that is). If by chance the group buy goes beyond 300 then everyone who ordered will have the option of getting credit (either back to their card or on the site with a little extra) plus of course that extra free library.

Realistically we haven't broken 20 people a day on average so it may get close but given the small amount of time left I don't know if it will really exceed 300 or not. I think you'd have to justify it on the price it is at now which I think most people have done and they are probably thinking that if it goes lower then that is icing on the cake.

Sorry if it you just heard about it and have to make a quick decision. That's how these things go. Good luck!

Archived