Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ad Hominem Attacks

Dave Bryce

Coming to this late as usual...

I was so glad to see Dave state his policy on ad hominem attacks. I mostly lurk, but really benefit from the insights of pros and amateurs alike. The internet can be a wondrous thing.

On the other hand, one event that took place a while back that saddened as well as sickened me was the departure of Dr. Al Kooper. The constant pommeling by a small group of people drove him off. How absurdly ignorant and inconsiderate to do that to anyone, let alone someone of his stature and experience in the music busisness. Yes, there is a cost to mindless bashing.

Lets here it for moderation and the moderator. :thu:

Cheers, Steve

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Steve123:

On the other hand, one event that took place a while back that saddened as well as sickened me was the departure of Dr. Al Kooper. The constant pommeling by a small group of people drove him off. How absurdly ignorant and inconsiderate to do that to anyone, let alone someone of his stature and experience in the music busisness. Yes, there is a cost to mindless bashing.

We lost George Massenburg on this site for similar reasons. That's another reason why I'm so tight about this sort of thing.

I place tremendous value on this forum, and I will not see either long-standing regulars or newcomers soured and/or chased off because of the behavior of one or two individuals.

Thanks to everyone for their support. :thu:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

I will not see either long-standing regulars or newcomers soured and/or chased off because of the behavior of one or two individuals.

First of all, I already congratulated the Detriot Pistons (and their fans), so I don't see why you have to keep bringing that up. Sheesh!

I think I am entitled to express my opinion on the NBA as much as the next guy.

And number B., all I'm saying is why don't some people around here...

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Originally posted by Phait:

Hey Bryce, the Raiders suck.

:D

Dude, that was certainly the case last year... :eek:

Maybe this year they'll be better. ;)

dB

Hey Dave ... don't hold yer breath on that one. As a lifetime Redskins fan, I can remember the long dreary years under Norv Turners leadership. The guy "talks" a good game, but he just doesn't seem to have the kahunas to drive teams to excellence.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Kronos 88, Korg CX-3, Motion Sound KBR-3D

Originally posted by MrVegas:

Hey Dave ... don't hold yer breath on that one. As a lifetime Redskins fan, I can remember the long dreary years under Norv Turners leadership. The guy "talks" a good game, but he just doesn't seem to have the kahunas to drive teams to excellence.

He can't possibly be worse than Bill Callahan. No way.

The NFC East is gonna be one of the toughest divisions in the league this year. I believe yer boys are gonna have their hands full, despite the return of Coach Gibbs and the acquisition of Mr. Portis. Watch out for my other team, Da Iggles. :evil:

BTW, thanks to yer boys for returning Mr. Trotter... ;)

We'll look forward to seeing you in the Football thread . :thu:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by Yoozer:

[QB]Actually, I tried to get a mod position on HC-KSS, but for some reason they never installed a moderator there. The forum doesn't need it - stuff like the string resonance fad wears off after a while. As for calling it mob mentality; hm, I'm not sure.

There's a number of people there that are pretty much the heart of the forum (and I consider myself to be one of 'm). I don't know if you've taken the pain to read all the threads, but even the one that was started in honor of youknowwho derailed seriously after a few pages and turned into a really nice chat about Doritos and beer; something impossible to do on Open Jam, and friendly and fun, rather than mobbing.

QB]

+1! :thu:

I too consider myself one of the regulars at HC-KSS and even though it sometimes gets out of hand it usually (always, almost) rests down relatively quickly - and I have always admired the generally civil and informed tone over there (considering that it's unmoderated)

- I haven't been here for nearly as long but I'll certainly try to maintain the same tone here as I've done since 2001 at KSS

Archived